Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-02-2011

kayemsi Wrote:I did not see the touch delay, is it under configuration?
It's under information, with the actual template and device resolutions. The next update will just ignore that delay if the template is un-swipable (i.e. the template dimensions are smaller or equal to the available dimension on the device).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 12-02-2011

You might want to consider making it adjustable as well. For reference, average human reaction time is around 200ms so that is when delays typically become noticeable.

wuench Wrote:You might want to consider making it adjustable as well.
It wouldn't be an option if it wasn't adjustable... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 12-02-2011

Sorry, it's been a while since I fired up the app. Since you said information page, I ASSumed it was informational only... :-) On a side note, I wonder if CarrierIQ can control our houses now...

Version 1.06

- Removed some of the permissions for the Market/Amazon version.
- Fix: Bad rescale could occur trying to swipe un-swipable templates.
- Ignore the delay on button press for un-swipable templates.
- Fix: Don't send touch event outside the template...

By un-swipable template, I just mean one where the template's dimension fits within the viewable area of the device, thus no swiping is needed/possible...

P.S. This will take longer to reach Android Market, but the side-loading version is up... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 12-02-2011

Thanks Fonceur.

The new version does fix the bad rescale issues I use to see. However, if you have a template designed for portrait orientation and then turn the phone to landscape orientation, it won't allow you to scroll the template. At least it doesn't rescale badly now like it did, but it would be nice if we could scroll or at least have an option to lock the screen orientation.

Thanks,

Brian

sic0048 Wrote:However, if you have a template designed for portrait orientation and then turn the phone to landscape orientation, it won't allow you to scroll the template.
Probably a side effect... I am trying to sort out the various dimensions involved, so hopefully that will get fixed at the same time.

Quote:or at least have an option to lock the screen orientation.
If you go to Information, you can already do that... From the wiki:

"Tapping the Resolution will toggle the screen orientation between the locked (in the current orientation) and unlocked state. It will also update to the corresponding icon."

Fonceur Wrote:If you go to Information, you can already do that... From the wiki:

"Tapping the Resolution will toggle the screen orientation between the locked (in the current orientation) and unlocked state. It will also update to the corresponding icon."

OK - I didn't realize that pressing that icon would lock it. That works fine once you press it. ;-)

sic0048 Wrote:However, if you have a template designed for portrait orientation and then turn the phone to landscape orientation, it won't allow you to scroll the template.
You might want to make sure to use the protocol version 2, so it gets the proper template dimensions... But also try this version, as I'm not seeing it, possibly because it got fixed as a side effect... Wink

Version 1.07

- Information now displays the effective resolution.

1.07 works. My templates are the exact size of the screen (portrait mode). When it is portrait mode, the screen reacts to button pushed right away, ie there are no gesture swipes or delays checking for gesture swipes.

When I turn the screen to landscape mode, the screen will react to a gesture swipe properly now (it did not in 1.06) based on the time delay set by the user.

I cannot make the screen do a bad redraw now in either scenario! Very nice.