Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 11-26-2011

Quote:Since I have not seen the client on the bionic, I was wondering if it always runs in full screen mode, or do any of the OS elements take part of the display, so the template area should be smaller?

My 800 x 480 templates leaves about 3/8" on the sides, and about 1/4" at the top. Measuring the actual screen on the Bionic, the display is 3.1" by 1.9" for my templates.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 11-27-2011

Fonceur Wrote:Version 1.05

- Disabled some of the explicit debugging log.
- Removed some unused libraries.
- Targeting Android 4.0.
- Created a Market/Amazon version.

Version 1.03

- Changed the registration method.

The registration change was done back in June, but I don't think it ever went live... Wink If you haven't received your new registration key, just try to reply to the email from the original purchase...

How should I look for it under the Android Market? What category and title? I searched in all categories (I think as I am very new to this) for tariva, tallus, cqc with no results.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-27-2011

kayemsi Wrote:How should I look for it under the Android Market?
It hasn't been submitted yet... Wink I'm still missing the higher resolution icon, to be able to proceed. I'll try posting the url once it's up. In the mean time, if you want to side load it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TARiva.apk

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-01-2011

It is now available through the Android Market:

http://market.android.com/details?id=tallus.android.riva.full

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Sendero - 12-01-2011

Fonceur Wrote:It should work fine on the Kindle Fire, just make sure to enable side-loading of apps and get the .apk from the first post/wiki.

It was never put on the Android Market or Amazon app store, as I didn't want to have to maintain 2 different versions... But now that I have figured out a good way of doing it, with some other apps, I should be able to re-visit that...

Doesn't work on Fire. Displays template fine but no buttons work. Can't interact with it at all. lame.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 12-01-2011

Fonceur Wrote:It is now available through the Android Market:

http://market.android.com/details?id=tallus.android.riva.full

Thanks,

I got it and installed it on the Bionic. I started out with protocol 2 and the performance was very jerky, so I switched to protocol 1 (like my Omnia) and response is much better. It is still very difficult for it to activate buttons, I have to press it many times. But when it finally registers the press the reaction is pretty quick. I also have trouble getting it to register the correct button, but I may have to redo my templates for bigger buttons, further apart. Template look good (on protocol 1), but the widgets may be too small to be practical. Kinda wish there was a way to zoom the screen.

I am trying to figure out the best way of ending the app when I am done. My template has a small X button in the corner that is a special action to close the IV. I can use this from my Omnia and the regular IV, but I have not been able to get this to push on the Bionic. I couldn't find a quit from the menu, so I had to use task killer to end it. Any suggestions?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 12-01-2011

Quote:I couldn't find a quit from the menu, so I had to use task killer to end it. Any suggestions?

I just hit the back arrow on the Bionic hard buttons and it asks if I want to leave.

I am running Protocol 2, and I don't see any of the jerkiness you are describing, but then again I only ran it on Protocol 1 for a short while before switiching.

If we could fix the screen resolution thing, it would be fine for my needs, right now I spend too much time going between horizontal and vertical if I miss a button press.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-02-2011

Sendero Wrote:Doesn't work on Fire. Displays template fine but no buttons work. Can't interact with it at all. lame.
From the wiki:

Touch delay: if a press is maintained for more than that value (default 300 ms), it is assumed that it should be sent to the CQC RIVA server, by opposition to using it as part of a screen swipe.

So if you are not going to use a template with a higher resolution than the Android device, just set this value to 0 and the buttons will be more responsive.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-02-2011

kayemsi Wrote:I started out with protocol 2 and the performance was very jerky, so I switched to protocol 1 (like my Omnia) and response is much better.
Or maybe it was just because the images had not been cached the first time, so the second time it seemed smoother...

Quote:It is still very difficult for it to activate buttons, I have to press it many times.
Probably the default 300 ms to distinguish between a button press and a swipe...

Quote:I also have trouble getting it to register the correct button, but I may have to redo my templates for bigger buttons, further apart.
I'll need to double check that things still align properly. When I stopped using the full screen, because it lead to issues on devices with only software buttons, I might not have handled it properly on all devices...

Quote:Template look good (on protocol 1), but the widgets may be too small to be practical. Kinda wish there was a way to zoom the screen.
As discussed previously, you do need to optimize templates for the devices it will be used on. For example, you wouldn't want to use the Mb images of your wired touchscreens to send over 3G...

Quote:I am trying to figure out the best way of ending the app when I am done.
As mentioned by kblagron, the typical way to kill any app on an Android device is by hitting the back button from its main screen. Anything else and it will just send it to the background, eating away memory and battery lifetime... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 12-02-2011

Fonceur,

Thanks for the reply and getting the app on the Android Market. I did not see the touch delay, is it under configuration?