Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 10-28-2011

And you are on the Android RIVA client, not the iPad one, right?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 10-29-2011

Yeap, android Riva, it must be something with the theme, because I assigned one of the sample templates and they loaded.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 10-29-2011

Fonceur Wrote:I don't think the environment variable were part of the original RIVA documentation, so I probably haven't done anything about it...

If you want to do it, it just adds to the GetSecurityToken message, which looks like this:

Code:
<!ELEMENT  CQCGW:EnvVar (#PCDATA)>
        <!ATTLIST  CQCGW:EnvVar
                   CQCGW:VarNum CDATA #REQUIRED>
        <!ELEMENT  CQCGW:GetSecurityToken (CQCGW:EnvVar*)>
        <!ATTLIST  CQCGW:GetSecurityToken
                   CQCGW:ResponseData CDATA #REQUIRED>

So, for any environment variables the user wants you to send, put an EnvVar child into the message. Only do the ones that are actually defined, so something like:

Code:
<CQCGW:GetSecurityToken CQCGW:ReponseData="xxxxxx">
    <CQCGW:EnvVar CQCGW:VarNum="1">Bedroom</CQCGW:EnvVar>
</CQCGW:GetSecurityToken>

They don't have to be in any particular order since the number (1 to 9) is indicated in the attribute. Of course escape the value appropriately since it's open ended text and might contain < characters.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Sendero - 11-15-2011

Any chance this will work on a Kindle Fire?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 11-25-2011

We finally settled on a Droid Bionic from Verizon and would like to try the taRiva client. Could not find it in the Android Market so was wondering how to get it. I looked at the first post, but the last edit date was in 2010. Can anyone point me to a link to get it?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 11-25-2011

As far as I know, the link in the first post is the latest - I also have it on my Droid Bionic, and it works great except for the issue with the resolution changing at times (see my earlier post). All of my interfaces were done at 480 x 800, so it almost fills out the screen, and I can pretty much do anything now from my phone.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-26-2011

It should work fine on the Kindle Fire, just make sure to enable side-loading of apps and get the .apk from the first post/wiki.

It was never put on the Android Market or Amazon app store, as I didn't want to have to maintain 2 different versions... But now that I have figured out a good way of doing it, with some other apps, I should be able to re-visit that...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 11-26-2011

kblagron Wrote:As far as I know, the link in the first post is the latest - I also have it on my Droid Bionic, and it works great except for the issue with the resolution changing at times (see my earlier post). All of my interfaces were done at 480 x 800, so it almost fills out the screen, and I can pretty much do anything now from my phone.

My home templates are also 480x800 as they were sized for my nokia 770 and based on BlackMagic's templates that uses a main template with a large overlay area, info on the top and bottom, and buttons along the left edge to change the template in the overlay.

I also have a completely separate set of templates for my Samsung Omnia (window mobile 6.1, 3g) so uses the .net riva. The omnia screen has much smaller number of pixels, so those templates use a plain black background in portrait mode. The main one has a section of the most used command buttons and info for remote access.

I just made a copy of my Main template and saved it for the BionicMain and changed the size of the template to 540x960. The background image was 600x800, and I made sure it was left upper attached so it looks the same as the normal one, but I have a larger empty area on the bottom with image, and a blank area on the right side. I made the template background a complementry color and added the most used command buttons from the omnia template to that area.

When I get the app loaded on the boinic, I will see how this looks and works. Since it is sized to the bionic screen, hopefully it won't have the problem you dscribe.

Since I have not seen the client on the bionic, I was wondering if it always runs in full screen mode, or do any of the OS elements take part of the display, so the template area should be smaller?

Version 1.05

- Disabled some of the explicit debugging log.
- Removed some unused libraries.
- Targeting Android 4.0.
- Created a Market/Amazon version.

Version 1.03

- Changed the registration method.

The registration change was done back in June, but I don't think it ever went live... Wink If you haven't received your new registration key, just try to reply to the email from the original purchase...

kayemsi Wrote:Since it is sized to the bionic screen, hopefully it won't have the problem you dscribe.
As a work around, rotating between portrait/landscape does properly refreshes the screen. Until it happens again... Wink

Quote:Since I have not seen the client on the bionic, I was wondering if it always runs in full screen mode, or do any of the OS elements take part of the display, so the template area should be smaller?
It's probably smaller, the Info screen should tell you the proper size that it sees.