Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 07-25-2011

I ned help getting a license. I send an e-mail and got a reply, but the key does not work (as explained in the return e-mail),

That was about a week ago and I have not heard anything back yet.

Can someone help me please

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 07-28-2011

znelbok Wrote:I ned help getting a license. I send an e-mail and got a reply, but the key does not work (as explained in the return e-mail),
Maybe David forgot how to generate the key or something... Wink Let me match the new TaSageTV registration process and David can send out activation codes for it...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 07-28-2011

Thanks

It has been sorted out now

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 10-12-2011

Thanks for the TaRiva client. I just bought an Android Bionic and installed it there, and it works great. I am using CQC 3.4.8 and TaRiva 1.02. Very snappy screen updates over 4G LTE, even better than the HP 5700 thin client I have over wired internet. I had tried the IOS Riva client on my wife's Iphone 3, but the lack of real estate and 3G speed makes this much better.

One thing that I am not sure has ever been reported - I noticed that if I have the phone in landscape mode (display is 540 x 960 and CQC templates are 800 x 480), and if I touch in certain areas, it shrinks the entire template horizontally about 100 pixels but the vertical stays the same, making it compressed - everything still works but the only way I can get it big again is to move the display to portrait and then back to landscape.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-12-2011

kblagron Wrote:One thing that I am not sure has ever been reported - I noticed that if I have the phone in landscape mode (display is 540 x 960 and CQC templates are 800 x 480), and if I touch in certain areas, it shrinks the entire template horizontally about 100 pixels but the vertical stays the same, making it compressed
Yes, it used to be even worse than that. I did get some work around in, but could never really figure out the actual reason for that odd behavior, which is why you are affected by it.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 10-28-2011

I know I asked before about environmental variables, dean said that there is a way to sort of send variables. Could someone tell me how to do that? My theme requires the variables to know what room is communicating with CQC and unfortunately if variables are not sent I get an error.

Thanks

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 10-28-2011

Oh, I thought you were talking about the iPad one. I'm not sure if Fonceur has implemented the environment variable stuff yet or not. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-28-2011

I don't think the environment variable were part of the original RIVA documentation, so I probably haven't done anything about it...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 10-28-2011

No,it was added recently. It's pretty easy though. You just pass along any defined environment variables during the login process. So it would be a pretty easy change. If none are defined, you don't send anything. So you could just let them configure up to nine strings along with their login info and you can pass that along. Or, if the Android has the concept of environment variables or user settable system wide configuration strings, they could set them there and you could grab them from that.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 10-28-2011

This is weird then, I might have to post my errors, because it worked before my server update, so I do not know why it is not working now if the software has not changed. I been reading for a full day looking for the info lol