Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-09-2010

sic0048 Wrote:But I has better swiping on prior versions where the widgets didn't disappear.
OK, try version .25, it should act better.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-10-2010

Looking at the image cache, the question is does everyone have an SD card to store the images, or should I store them in the main internal storage?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 08-10-2010

Fonceur Wrote:OK, try version .25, it should act better.

Actually I cannot connect using version .25 using the same templates as before. I've attached a log for you, but I'm not sure it will tell you anything . It looks like it is choking on an image.

EDIT - I changed to load a simple template with only one widget - a single text widget - and it still won't connect (giving similar errors as log shows).

Fonceur Wrote:Looking at the image cache, the question is does everyone have an SD card to store the images, or should I store them in the main internal storage?

I'd prefer it to use internal space, but that is because I have 8gb internal space. Most phones don't have that much. Would it be possible to give someone the option?

sic0048 Wrote:It looks like it is choking on an image.
Any chance you could copy that template over and remove the images? It's likely not sending a proper image query, as I haven't finished that code yet. Wink

sic0048 Wrote:EDIT - I changed to load a simple template with only one widget - a single text widget - and it still won't connect (giving similar errors as log shows).
Hmm, any chance you can reboot CQC to get out of that loop?

sic0048 Wrote:I'd prefer it to use internal space, but that is because I have 8gb internal space. Most phones don't have that much. Would it be possible to give someone the option?
I think that I can use the SD card if it's there, otherwise just stick a blob in the database using the internal storage... So you don't have a SD card, right?

Fonceur Wrote:Hmm, any chance you can reboot CQC to get out of that loop?

OK - that seemed to work. I was even able to go back to my original template. The widgets don't disappear when scrolling now. The scrolling is pretty choppy. I thought it was smoother before, but I could be completely wrong. Of course it might also have to do with environmental issues too. I am running on a remote wireless LAN and before perhaps I was on the local LAN network, I really don't remember.

Fonceur Wrote:I think that I can use the SD card if it's there, otherwise just stick a blob in the database using the internal storage... So you don't have a SD card, right?

No I have a 32gb SD card too :-) But that is getting filled up much quicker than the 8gb internal memory. Another benefit of having the new DroidX as most older Android phones have very limited internal storage.

sic0048 Wrote:The scrolling is pretty choppy. I thought it was smoother before, but I could be completely wrong.
Most likely my bad, I limited the refresh to every 250 ms during the scrolling, and forgot to take it out. Version .26 shouldn't be choppy and avoid the image download issue too.

Quote:No I have a 32gb SD card too :-)
OK, so I guess it would need to be user selectable then...

Version 26 is has better scrolling. Nothing I would describe as smooth yet, but better than .25.