Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-26-2011

If you have the keyboard, it's there... With root access you can use "button savior"... Searching some more... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 05-26-2011

nope, I don't have keyboard...

do you plan to add something or I'm out of luck?

BTW was looking to get nook color for CQC, is that one will have same issue?

Those are for a different Android device, but see if they work... If they don't, I can see how to work around the issue, but considering how much the Menu button is used in a lot of applications, I'd be surprised that the tablet's documentation doesn't give a way to access it...

"Press the menu button in the task bar"

"You can also press and hold the Back button for two seconds to call up the menu."

as soon as you touch "back" i get message "as you sure you want to quit?"

and there is no menu in task bar...

all "built-in" apps bring "soft" menu in upper right corner...

-p

Try version 1.01. It turns out the manufacturers are putting the Menu button in the title bar, which I was hiding to maximize the available screen... Now of course it means that everyone else just lost like 30 pixels, but oh well... Wink I'll have to see how I can handle the whole thing better.

ok, now I can configure...
it connects, however wherever I touch any icons they not doing anything....

pasha Wrote:it connects, however wherever I touch any icons they not doing anything....
From the wiki:

"Touch delay: if a press is maintained for more than that value (default 300 ms), it is assumed that it should be sent to the CQC RIVA server, by opposition to using it as part of a screen swipe."

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 05-27-2011

Fonceur Wrote:Try version 1.01. It turns out the manufacturers are putting the Menu button in the title bar, which I was hiding to maximize the available screen... Now of course it means that everyone else just lost like 30 pixels, but oh well... Wink I'll have to see how I can handle the whole thing better.

Really not liking loosing 30 pixels! :-(

AFAIK only Honeycomb based tablets have eliminated the hardware keys.

How about something along the lines of making the title bar hide a toggle option and use a multi-touch sequence of some sort to either pull up the main config menu where the new toggle option is located or to pull up a dialog just for the title toggle setting?

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 05-27-2011

The IOS RIVA client uses a "4 finger salute" to bring up the menu as there are no hard buttons to work with. (Not sure if android can use 4 finger gestures, seems like the only thing I ever see there is the long press).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 05-27-2011

As a follow on, for the Xoom, upon starting up TaRIVA (still on v.99, haven't updated to 1.0 yet) I have the menu button at the bottom of my screen, it looks like a 6 square grid. Pressing this opens up the 4 menu button choices allowing me to configure. There does not appear to be any "title bar" hiding. Note that title bar on Xoom is at bottom of the screen for both landscape and portrait orientations.

+1 what wuench said, also would be another consistency between the two platforms!

-Ben