Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - AnthonyZ - 04-06-2011

Sorry that it took so long to respond. I forgot about the open ended question. To answer, no, it's no better. I have the delay set to zero, RIVA client is great on the laptop via same wireless, other Android apps are snappy on the same wireless and yet, the TARiva app...well...err...ok, it sucks. It's just unusable. I still see delays as long as two seconds on both the tablet (Huewei S7/2.1 and HTC Hero/2.1). I don't know, maybe it's not the app and is instead the fault of the devices but that wouldn't explain while they both work very well with other apps that utilize my wireless LAN. Any thoughts?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 04-06-2011

Setup a test account and pm me the info, I'll connect and see if anything jumps out...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 04-07-2011

Has anyone had issues with taRiva on 3.4.15?

My iphone will connect, but the android tablet wont connect at all.

I have not tried the phone yet (because its not my phone), but my tablet just sits at the CQC logo and goes nowhere.

I do see some error messages in the logs, but I have not had time to sit down for a proper investigation.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - stinggray - 05-01-2011

I've never used RIVA before so please forgive me for my ignorance. I'm trying to setup an Android tablet to work with CQC. I have the trial TARiva installed on the table and RIVA Installed in CQC. When I run TARiva all I get is a white screen with CQC on it. I'm not sure if I have it setup right on the tablet or in CQC. What steps is need to setup RIVA in CQC? Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks Craig

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 05-01-2011

Make sure you've installed the RIVA server, which won't be enabled unless you choose to do so, since it takes up resources that would be wasted if you weren't using it. So run in the installer on the master server and do the fully custom mode and enable the RIVA server if you haven't already.

It would probably be prudent to move up to the .17 beta release as well, since various things have changed in the RIVA protocol since 3.4.8 came out. The .17 release has been out for some time, so it's pretty safe.

The RIVA server is already installed.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 05-01-2011

stinggray Wrote:The RIVA server is already installed.

Probably you already know this, but it will only load the template associated with the user account that you log in under, so make sure you have one assigned.

I didn't know that. Confusedhock: What account are you talking about and how are they setup?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-01-2011

With the CQC admin interface, you can add users. And in TaRIVA you would be using that account when configuring the connection settings...

OK I must really be missing something here. I went into Admin and setup a new account but no place for CQC password only web password. When I go to RIVA (Remote Viewer Client) It asks for password. when I use the web password and get an error. Is the Remote Viewer Client where I assign the templates?