Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - AnthonyZ - 03-17-2011

Yes, I have an initial IV.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-17-2011

Hmm, try with the official .NET RIVA client and see if it's able to log...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 03-17-2011

Does the current version of taRIVA support 3.4.8 still?

Dean Roddey Wrote:Does the current version of taRIVA support 3.4.8 still?
Did you break backward compatibility in the version 2 protocol? I thought you were simply adding to the version 3 protocol...

Fonceur Wrote:Did you break backward compatibility in the version 2 protocol? I thought you were simply adding to the version 3 protocol...

It should be as long as you don't try to send environment variables to the older versions. The best scenario for now would be, if no environment variables indicate you are a V2 and don't send any. Else indicate you are V3 and send them, but that will fail for a RIVA server that was built prior to V3 being available.

OK, but I haven't updated for version 3 or the environment variables. Besides, it's failing at the logon, before that would affect anything.

Fonceur Wrote:OK, but I haven't updated for version 3 or the environment variables. Besides, it's failing at the logon, before that would affect anything.

OK, just making sure.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - AnthonyZ - 03-17-2011

So, Fonceur, do I need to reinstall CQC on a machine with the client enabled to test? I'm not sure what you need me to test with the .NET viewer. Sounds like a lot of fun. I swear, some days working with CQC is like trying to deal with wireless issues in Linux. Enough to make me question my sanity.

Whatever the issue, I can say that it is the same with both my phone and tablet. Same behavior...

AnthonyZ Wrote:So, Fonceur, do I need to reinstall CQC on a machine with the client enabled to test?
You could simply install the .NET RIVA client on the CQC server, if you didn't already have it installed. The point is simply to check if you can connect from the official RIVA client with the same parameters. Currently, the logon is failling, probably because it's saying that there is no such account or the account is not setup right (I should print the actual error message in that case...).

Quote:Whatever the issue, I can say that it is the same with both my phone and tablet. Same behavior...
Right, no reason it should be any different...

AnthonyZ Wrote:So, Fonceur, do I need to reinstall CQC on a machine with the client enabled to test? I'm not sure what you need me to test with the .NET viewer. Sounds like a lot of fun. I swear, some days working with CQC is like trying to deal with wireless issues in Linux. Enough to make me question my sanity.

Whatever the issue, I can say that it is the same with both my phone and tablet. Same behavior...

It's not the .Net one but the standard one that you can choose to install, which is a C++ reference implementation, and of course it's working through the wired network. So it's just to provide a sanity check.