Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-22-2011

If you could post another log that still has issues... It sounds like I'm not cleaning up properly on that reconnection.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - AnthonyZ - 02-23-2011

So just using solid color backgrounds is the way to go on RIVA? Working anything RIVA related is really new and just popped up on my radar. Rather than asking me to read all 60 pages of the thread, could someone weigh in on the use of alpha/PNG buttons with transparent backgrounds, as well? Are they alright?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Tedp - 02-23-2011

Here is another log, even with a blank background it has a similar response.

Ted

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-23-2011

AnthonyZ Wrote:So just using solid color backgrounds is the way to go on RIVA?
It's not an obligation. It's just that typically the RIVA "devices" have a very limited memory buffer, throw in some double-buffering on a big template and it doesn't take much to run out of memory... Wink

Of course the current issue is probably that I am not clearing up the canvas properly, so now I'm like quadruple-buffering on reconnect or something... Wink

Quote:could someone weigh in on the use of alpha/PNG buttons with transparent backgrounds, as well?
That's fine. When doing web pages, there used to be a rule of thumb along the lines that it took 1 second to load a 10k image (or was it 100k?), and that it was bad design to take more than X seconds to load the whole page. Now a lot of people didn't follow that, but... Wink

The point is that loading a bunch of 10k images is fine, but if each templates has a few Mb's worth of images, you're asking for trouble. Wink

Tedp Wrote:Here is another log, even with a blank background it has a similar response.
That log last a whole 5 seconds (does the app allow to increase the log size?), and besides a USB error about having too many files opened, I'm not really seeing any TaRIVA issue...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Tedp - 02-23-2011

I cant for the life of me figure out how, maybe a different one would be better, Anyways here is another log.

Ted

Tedp Wrote:Anyways here is another log.
That's a funny one, the error is due to trying to print the error... Wink

Version 0.98

- Fix: The exception from getting the first item of an empty stack was null.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 02-26-2011

I am trying to figure out what kind of new touchpad to buy. Right now I only use RIVA with an Iphone.

Can Android be configured to automatically launch taRIVA and connect on startup?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-26-2011

wuench Wrote:I am trying to figure out what kind of new touchpad to buy. Right now I only use RIVA with an Iphone.

Can Android be configured to automatically launch taRIVA and connect on startup?

Looks like something Fonceur would have to do with the application.

According to a google search...

You have to add a manifest permission entry:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />
(of course you should list all other permissions that your app uses).

Then, implement BroadcastReceiver class, it should be simple and fast executable. The best approach is to set an alarm in this receiver to wake up your service (if it's not necessary to keep it running ale the time as Prahast wrote).

public class BootUpReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {
@Override
public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
AlarmManager am = (AlarmManager) context.getSystemService(Context.ALARM_SERVICE);
PendingIntent pi = PendingIntent.getService(context, 0, new Intent(context, MyService.class), PendingIntent.FLAG_UPDATE_CURRENT);
am.setInexactRepeating(AlarmManager.RTC_WAKEUP, System.currentTimeMillis() + interval, interval, pi);
}}
Then, add a Receiver class to your manifest file:

<receiver android:enabled="true" android:name=".receivers.BootUpReceiver"
android:permission="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>