Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-01-2011

Version 0.93

- Fix: Monitoring the wifi state did not play nice on a 3G connection.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 01-24-2011

It has been crashing a lot lately

Today it was when I pressed a button on the screen - one that I use a lot.

Log is attached - the (b) is from a previous crash that I cant remember for what (happened when I was half asleep in bed).

I also get a lot of crashes after I wake the tablet up - when I first use it again - as if it is not up and running properly.

Also, I made a change to a template that is used as an overlay and as a pop-up. There is a button that is hidden, and then when the template is called as a pop-up the hidden widget is changed to visible. If it is called in an overlay, then the widget is left hidden.

What happens now is that when the overlay calls the template, the overlay is blank except for the background image of the template. When called as a pop-up it is fine.

Checked this in the IV on a XP machine and it behaves as it should.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-24-2011

From a quick look, you are actually getting a CQC Exception, and I'm not handling it properly (as I've never received any). The actual problem seems to be when I try to display an error message for it.

error codes: 781/0/0
error: Expected variable %(1) to be of type %(2) and =
in file: CQCIntfEng_ActEngine.cpp
process: CQCRemVSrv
module: CQCKit

For the log B, I see the crash, but it's not clear why it has happened...

Quote:I also get a lot of crashes after I wake the tablet up - when I first use it again - as if it is not up and running properly.
If you can get get me a log, I'll look into it.

Quote:What happens now is that when the overlay calls the template, the overlay is blank except for the background image of the template. When called as a pop-up it is fine.
I might not be using some proper clip mode or something. Could you post a simple template to reproduce the issue and attach it to your post?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-25-2011

znelbok Wrote:I also get a lot of crashes after I wake the tablet up
BTW, which version was that, .93 or .94? I didn't post about .94 besides my updated signature, but I had solved such issues weeks ago...

Version 0.94

- Fix: Some wifi events could happen before the app was ready for them.

Version 0.95

- Disabled the alert dialog when a CQC exception is received.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 01-25-2011

Fonceur Wrote:error: Expected variable %(1) to be of type %(2) and =
in file: CQCIntfEng_ActEngine.cpp
process: CQCRemVSrv

Oops, looks like I'm not providing the correct values for that error message when it's logged. I'll fix that. Well, I looked and it's correct, and was by 3.4.8, so hopefully an earlier version of 3.4.8 is being used.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 01-25-2011

I downloaded a new copy yesterday, maybe I forgot to install it. It is now at 0.95

Mick

Fonceur Wrote:BTW, which version was that, .93 or .94? I didn't post about .94 besides my updated signature, but I had solved such issues weeks ago...

Version 0.94

- Fix: Some wifi events could happen before the app was ready for them.

Version 0.95

- Disabled the alert dialog when a CQC exception is received.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-25-2011

Dean Roddey Wrote:Well, I looked and it's correct, and was by 3.4.8, so hopefully an earlier version of 3.4.8 is being used.
Well, I know that Znelbok was running CQC 2.x for a while after CQC 3.x was released, so not sure which CQC version he is using currently... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 01-25-2011

Its such a pain to upgrade - especially when it is working and there is no reason to do the upgrade.

Looks like I have a job to do over the next few days.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-29-2011

Version 0.96

- Fix: If the template was smaller than the screen size, bad rescaling would occur.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Tedp - 02-21-2011

I am having a few problems with Tarive on my Huawei S7.

When my tablet goes to sleep it will not reconnect at all, from what I understand should reconnect at the base template. For me it will not reconnect until I reload the template by pressing (hard button) home -> Config and then hit apply. It will reload the template which leads me to issue #2

When I reload the template and preform a single action, pressing a button or anything at all Tariva crashes and I need to reload it. When I reload it, it will work flawlessly until my tablet goes to sleep again then its the same pattern as above.

I am hoping I can figure out why it does this and fix it.

Thanks

Ted