Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-16-2010

This is something that needs to be dealt with, and it could be as part of the first real beta, which I think I'm free to do now. I think that 3.4 is solid enough that at most it'll just require some tweaks until the 4.0 release.

It was just be a new command, sent immediately after the login by clients to the server, so it's completely backwards compatible from the client's point of view, if the server sees it, he sees it, if it doesn't he doesn't and doesn't care and the environmental variables would be assumed to be empty. It would include the values of the possible 9 environmental variables. The server stores this away for later use.

The RIVA clients can allow them to be defined any way it wants.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - vettemanv8 - 12-17-2010

znelbok Wrote:You can create them on your PC and load them in the normal IV to see how they look - they are no different to any other screen. Its really only concepts that change because you have a smaller area to work with.

So this is on my 7" touch

[Image: Tabscreen.jpg]

The black panel in the middle is an overlay where all the information is. Navigation buttons down the side change the overlay. The image in the background can be changed to any7 that have been loaded into the system.

The buttons and code are all from the other IV, so it does not take much to create them once the first one is done.

Mick

Mick,

Thanks for the sample, it looks great..

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 12-18-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Not really... What are you trying to do?
I am using environmental variables to designate what zone is what, computers are then assigned to their respective zones via the environmental variables. I am also using the variables to designate a universal touch pad that can control all zones.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-18-2010

Until it gets included in the RIVA protocol, couldn't you use the variable driver + username trick (mentioned before) to attain the same result?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - dman000000 - 12-18-2010

I just started playing with this on the archos 70. no problem with configuration or bringing up the template...but my god it is slow. Aside from the forced delay to recognize a button press versus a swipe, I am seeing a 2-3 (or more) second delay in loading even the most simple text-based templates. Having used direct networked standalone clients and those on wireless RDP, I am aware of how responsive cqc can be and this is far from acceptable.

Is this something in the configuration or setup of my templates or is it a limitation of RIVA/ taRIVA?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-18-2010

dman000000 Wrote:I am seeing a 2-3 (or more) second delay in loading even the most simple text-based templates.
That does seem a bit excessive. Are you sure there isn't a background image or some buttons that might slow the first loading (until it gets cached)?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - dman000000 - 12-19-2010

will the app cache to device system memory or only to an SD card? I do not have an SD card in the device right now so was wondering if that could be a factor.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-19-2010

dman000000 Wrote:will the app cache to device system memory or only to an SD card? I do not have an SD card in the device right now so was wondering if that could be a factor.
Without an SD card, it uses the system's cache. The Archos 70 seems to have 8 Gb of internal storage, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - personalt - 12-20-2010

dman000000 Wrote:I just started playing with this on the archos 70. no problem with configuration or bringing up the template...but my god it is slow. Aside from the forced delay to recognize a button press versus a swipe, I am seeing a 2-3 (or more) second delay in loading even the most simple text-based templates. Having used direct networked standalone clients and those on wireless RDP, I am aware of how responsive cqc can be and this is far from acceptable.

Is this something in the configuration or setup of my templates or is it a limitation of RIVA/ taRIVA?

I have a 101 and hope to test mine in the next day or two.. I will let you know if I see something different.

You on the latest archos firmeware? they just came out with new firmware a day or two a go that is a lot faster and fixes some wireless issues.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kfly - 12-22-2010

potts.mike Wrote:Any chance this will make into the android marketplace and onto google tv?

Please put in Market Place!!!.
It would be a much easier download for my Samsung Galaxy TAB via Marketplace
Kevin