Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 11-30-2010

Hi Fonceur,

I am getting a Force Close when I try to access a template that does not exist. Yes, I know, the template should be there, my bad, however, it would be useful to have the client report the missing template and then remain running. Not an urgent thing, but please consider for the next time you have the application cracked open.

iRIVA client just eats the error, nothing happens, no indication of problem.

Logged error from taRIVA session

{
CQCKit, CQCIntfEng_ActEngine.cpp.919, Failed/Not Found, Error: 743/0/0
The command target with the indicated id could be found. Name='', Id='IWdgTarget:Overlay_Blank'
}

Thanks for listening!
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-30-2010

batwater Wrote:I am getting a Force Close when I try to access a template that does not exist.
I am aware of that issue, but couldn't see how to handle it properly... I'll take another look. Any chance you could send me the corresponding Android log?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 11-30-2010

Fonceur Wrote:I am aware of that issue, but couldn't see how to handle it properly... I'll take another look. Any chance you could send me the corresponding Android log?

Android log sent.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-30-2010

Hey, how are you closing the socket when they exit the program? Are you doing the standard graceful shutdown, or just closing the socket? Under the most recent version, 3.4.4, an aborted connection is being seen on exist of the RIVA client. So I was just interested if that was due to just closing the socket or not closing it at all and just exiting, vs. doing the standard graceful shutdown type thing.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-30-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:Hey, how are you closing the socket when they exit the program? Are you doing the standard graceful shutdown, or just closing the socket?
I tried the graceful shutdown before, but I'm pretty sure I was getting an error in the CQC log, so just went for the "close socket" instead... Or maybe it's because I reuse the same code for the Image download, and that was the one that didn't like the graceful shutdown.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-30-2010

You should always do the graceful shutdown, unless there's some reason that it's not possible. But that shouldn't be the case here.

Also, on the image socket, you should probably set linger on, because you send out a final ack of the image, and then close the socket. If the socket doesn't have linger enabled, it can get closed before that ack makes it to the server. The linger doesn't need a long timeout, just a few seconds should be fine.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-01-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:You should always do the graceful shutdown, unless there's some reason that it's not possible.
Actually, I just double checked the code, and I am sending the log off code before closing the socket.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-01-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Actually, I just double checked the code, and I am sending the log off code before closing the socket.

I was referring to the graceful shutdown at the socket level. The standard scheme is to shut down the sending side, then read any remaining data from the socket so that the other side can drop it if it has linger on, then shut down the read side. Then you can close the socket.

This way, the other side gets the standard connection lost type of thing from the socket, not the connection aborted. If you just close the socket and the clean shutdown doesn't occur, then the other side may not have time to read the last sent message.

I'm not sure at what level you deal with sockets. The clean shutdown may be just part of how it always closes sockets, but it would be worth a check to make sure.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 12-16-2010

Is there a way to pass environmental variables with this Riva software? I am planning on using this with Archos 101 tablets.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-16-2010

optix Wrote:Is there a way to pass environmental variables with this Riva software?
Not really... What are you trying to do?