Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - potts.mike - 11-22-2010

Yeah, I have no idea what's involved. I was just on the googletv website and saw the mention of apps. I had these grand visions of the iv overlaying tv on the plasma

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-24-2010

log file from latest force close. It was just sitting there doing nothing and then brought up the window to force close it.

Mick

Has anyone managed to get this to make a sound when a button is pressed?

If so can you please share the secret.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

znelbok Wrote:log file from latest force close. It was just sitting there doing nothing and then brought up the window to force close it.
It seems it couldn't find the font:

/sdcard/fonts/verdanabi.ttf

and the previous time it couldn't find:

/sdcard/fonts/comic sans ms.ttf

Though I'm not quite sure why it would have crashed due to that... Try version .88 to see if that helps, and try to add those missing fonts too. Wink

znelbok Wrote:Has anyone managed to get this to make a sound when a button is pressed?
My bad, I guess I got interrupted when I was implementing it, and didn't include the part about looking on the SD card... Try it in .89, with say "intro.mp3" or such in the system:TonguelayWave command.

Fonceur Wrote:It seems it couldn't find the font:

/sdcard/fonts/verdanabi.ttf

and the previous time it couldn't find:

/sdcard/fonts/comic sans ms.ttf

Though I'm not quite sure why it would have crashed due to that... Try version .88 to see if that helps, and try to add those missing fonts too. Wink

That first font would be missing, I didn't realise I had used it - but I copied and pasted a lot of stuff so it is not a surprise. THe second one is there though. I will go through the logs and check for all fonts.

Mick

Version 0.90

- Started to handle the sleep/wake.

Not tested on a real device, but in principle it should try to drop the connection when going to sleep, and re-establish it on waking up...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 11-25-2010

Sleep seems to work. When my phone's screen turned off, the RIVA client was back at the main template when I turned the screen back on. But it was connected and I didn't need to do anything else or wait for the connection to be made.

I haven't spent a lot of time testing it. But the initial indication is positive.

Thanks!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 11-25-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Version 0.90

- Started to handle the sleep/wake.

Not tested on a real device, but in principle it should try to drop the connection when going to sleep, and re-establish it on waking up...

Hi Fonceur, I can confirm that I get a reconnect without having to restart taRiva, if not on the main screen it takes me back to the main screen, is it your intent to have it reconnect wherever it is or take back to the home page?

Thanks, great start!
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-25-2010

batwater Wrote:is it your intent to have it reconnect wherever it is or take back to the home page?
Since it is a full disconnect on sleep, followed by a brand new connection on wake, there is no way to get back to the previous point...