Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-20-2010

znelbok Wrote:Can tariva handle filenames for fonts with spaces?
Sure, the question is what is the exact font name that is sent... If you look at the log, you should see "Looking for the font:". You want to use lower case for the filename.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-20-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Sure it does, it reacts to the PlayWave message by playing the wave file... The question is how do you get the template to generate that message...

Isn't this something you would know from developing the app?

Do you know the answer to your question and you are leaving me hanging? :cool

So if I understand this correctly, the IV has to generate a message from the playwav action and send that message to the device and get it to play a sound.

My tablet can't play the wav file, so should I change it to an mp3 or something and try again?

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-20-2010

Oh, the System:TonguelayWAV command is one way. The other is if you assign open/close WAV files to a template. Those get passed to the RIVA client.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - trouble - 11-20-2010

G'day

I went and out and purchased a 7" android tablet so use in the bedroom (the Telstra T-Book tab) and installed .87 of the taRiva client. It loads both of my templates (my main home touch screen template which is 800x600 and the iphone tempate). Both of them load the first page, but none of the buttons work. I can scroll around the larger template, but cant actually touch anything to make use of it. I checked the cache in the android settings and its showing 0 bytes.

Any ideas?

thanks

Paul

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-21-2010

There was a comment re scaling somewhere.

Build one that is of native size - 800x480 and try that.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-21-2010

znelbok Wrote:Isn't this something you would know from developing the app?
No, the app reacts to PlayWave(mysound.wav), but how do you create that command in the IV is out of my hand.

Quote:So if I understand this correctly, the IV has to generate a message from the playwav action and send that message to the device and get it to play a sound.
Indeed.

Quote:My tablet can't play the wav file, so should I change it to an mp3 or something and try again?
Hmm, will the IV accept to put mp3 in the playwave in command?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-21-2010

trouble Wrote:but none of the buttons work. I can scroll around the larger template, but cant actually touch anything to make use of it.
You do need to press for 250 ms (configurable for registered users) or wait for the haptic feedback, as that's how the app determines if you want to scroll a big template or actually press a button...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-21-2010

As mentioned above, you can put anything in the PlayWAV command really. But, on the real IV, it is using a command that will only play WAVs so it wouldn't work there if you used something else. But the RIVA clients are free to choose to implement this command any way that makes sense for that type of client.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - potts.mike - 11-22-2010

Any chance this will make into the android marketplace and onto google tv?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-22-2010

potts.mike Wrote:Any chance this will make into the android marketplace and onto google tv?
First of all, since most Android tablets don't have access to the Android market in the first place, I don't see it as a deal breaker as say with an iPhone app, where installing one outside the App store requires jailbreaking the device...

I don't really see the benefits of The Market, and since the current users couldn't be moved to it, it would be a pain to release 2 versions every time. Some applications with a wider audiences do it, but we're talking of such a niche market here, where most of the possible customers would learn about it through the CQC forum anyway.

Since GoogleTV is supposed to run Android app, it should just work as is... I assume it could be converted into a more native GoogleTV app, if there's demand for it.