Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-19-2010

znelbok Wrote:I don't see anything at all now.
It is small and depending on your templates, you might need to move it from the new default bottom position...

Quote:Is it possible to get the app to not need a force close on an error
Not in a global manner, but it is possible to surround critical stuff in some try/catch clauses.

Quote:At the moment, if you have say a command to bring up a template that does not exists, it asks to force close.
Is the CQC RIVA account assigned to a non existent or a template was trying to load a wrong overlay?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-19-2010

Fonceur Wrote:It is small and depending on your templates, you might need to move it from the new default bottom position...

I had moved it to the centre where there is a dark area to make sure I could see it, but I still see nothing

Fonceur Wrote:Is the CQC RIVA account assigned to a non existent or a template was trying to load a wrong overlay?

Template was trying to load a non existent overlay

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-19-2010

Log file from last force close

The tablet went to sleep, woke it, closed tariva and launced it ad had to force close.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-19-2010

znelbok Wrote:Log file from last force close
OK, I do see wake up part. taRIVA tried to reconnect, but the wifi connection was not available yet. When you did reconnect, it received the messages, but something was wrong with the processing queue, which is probably the reason of the Forced close...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-20-2010

Needs some help with fonts and sounds.

I am using a font "Comic Sans MS", with filename comic.ttf

I have created a fonts folder on the SD card and added the font yet it is not rendering on the template (/fonts/comic.ttf).

I want to add a sound to a button press, so an action needs to be added to the actions. How do I reference the wav file?

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-20-2010

znelbok Wrote:I am using a font "Comic Sans MS", with filename comic.ttf
The filename will need to match the requested font name (i.e. "comic sans ms.ttf" or such). Typically the font management can map things in a fancier way, but here it's just a plain load "font name.ttf".

Quote:I want to add a sound to a button press, so an action needs to be added to the actions. How do I reference the wav file?
I don't know, I guess CQC's template editor must have a PlayWave action or such...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-20-2010

The wav playing command is passed to the RIVA client. What the iPhone one does is define a set of values that can be set as the wave. It doesn't have to be a literal path name. It can anything. So the iPhone one just defines a set of pre-defined waves it can play and the values to enter as the 'wave file' in the CQC command. It then plays those (asychronously out of necessity due to the fact that it can't stop accepting drawing commands) and plays the mapped actual wave file (or it might be some built in sound in some cases.)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-20-2010

I am too dumb - I need an example. None of that made sense Dean.

I have a file on the SD card, sdcard/sounds/click.wav

I have a command button with playwave action

what do I out down as the filename to play the wave

Can tariva handle filenames for fonts with spaces?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-20-2010

What I was saying was that the iPhone version doesn't deal in actual WAV files. It just defines a preset number of names for things it can play. So you'd enter not a file name but something like Beep, and it knows that this maps to some known sound, which may not be a WAV file at all but some internal sound.

That tends to work best since different clients could have different types of path structures or even not even paths at all in some cases. The RIVA client could always define a preset number of things like above, but let you provide a mapping file to what you want to actually play.

Or it could allow you to indicate real paths, but those paths might not work on any other types of RIVA clients since they would have to point to files on the client itself.

But it's up to the implementor of the RIVA client how to handle this command. And they have to implement support for it of course, which it sounds like currently isn't being done in the Android one. He'll have to handle those commands and define some scheme of the sorts above to handle what to play.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-20-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:And they have to implement support for it of course, which it sounds like currently isn't being done in the Android one.
Sure it does, it reacts to the PlayWave message by playing the wave file... The question is how do you get the template to generate that message...