Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-13-2010

znelbok Wrote:0.83 still wont start
OK, try .84, it should launch fine.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-13-2010

Yay, it works again

I had two accounts most lively, one for within the local network (i.e. the house) and the other for when on the road which used a DDNS name.

Thanks for the fix

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-19-2010

Version 0.85

- Less intrusive loading screen.

Version 0.86

- Registered users can select the position of the progress dialog. (Info screen)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-19-2010

That is great, much less intrusive than before. I would find that the auto update every couple of seconds would flash the loading image on the screen and take my attention away from the whatever I was doing.

Can it be made smaller (half as big again)

Found a way to get it to lock into position - if I lock it while I have it in portrait mode, it rotates to landscape and then locks.

Mick

znelbok Wrote:Can it be made smaller (half as big again)
Yes I also think it's too big, I will see if it can be adjusted.

Quote:if I lock it while I have it in portrait mode, it rotates to landscape and then locks.
Either the simulator has the values reversed, or your device does, because I;m not seeing that on the emulator... Does your phone and tablet both react the same way, and anyone else seeing that reversed orientation lock?

Version 0.87

- Reduced the size of the progress dialog.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - vettemanv8 - 11-19-2010

Not to change the the subject but, I am trying to decide between the IPAD or Android Riva. Does anybody have any examples of Android setups. I like the idea of the Android tablets instead of th IPAD but have not seen any screen designs yet.

It would really help and appreciated if someone could post some examples.

THANKS!!

VettemanV8

You can create them on your PC and load them in the normal IV to see how they look - they are no different to any other screen. Its really only concepts that change because you have a smaller area to work with.

So this is on my 7" touch

[Image: Tabscreen.jpg]

The black panel in the middle is an overlay where all the information is. Navigation buttons down the side change the overlay. The image in the background can be changed to any7 that have been loaded into the system.

The buttons and code are all from the other IV, so it does not take much to create them once the first one is done.

Mick

Fonceur Wrote:Version 0.87

- Reduced the size of the progress dialog.

I don't see anything at all now. Thought it may be because all the images were in the cache so I created a new screen - still nothing.

I cleared the cache and still don't get the progress image.

Is it possible to get the app to not need a force close on an error, but rather bring up a dialogue box that there is an error, OK it and then continue running. At the moment, if you have say a command to bring up a template that does not exists, it asks to force close.

Mick