Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 11-09-2010

If it helps, this is a user-controlled option in iRIVA. ie, if you set "scrolling = on" you get behavior like the android client, and single-finger 'swipes' aren't recognized as a gesture (because how would it know the difference between it and scrolling?).

But if you set "scrolling = off" single-finger swipes are recognized as a gesture, and can be acted on in the hotkey settings of a template.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-09-2010

Right, if you design your Template with the device's resolution, you don't need to "scroll". OTOH, it might still be possible to recognize "some" gestures while keeping the "scrolling" on... Wink I just haven't looked into it seriously enough yet.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 11-09-2010

that's right. "two-finger swipes" and some other gestures can be recognized even when "scrolling = on"

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - personalt - 11-09-2010

I was doing a little reading on gestures as i am looking to build my own andriod app that is not related to home automation. In my reading I found some links on the differnt gestures.. Some of this I am sure you might already know but some of this might be good for others to read. The swipe event is actually the fling event in android. .

This site has a nice cross referene of supported events including andrond and ipad. Since 2.1 or better supports pinch the supported events are really similar.
http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?1071

For others, here is the page in android dev manual that relates to gestures.
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/GestureDetector.OnGestureListener.html#onDown(android.view.MotionEvent)

In some ways I think your idea of doubling up the template so it is twice the size of the screen would allow for quicker dispalying of the alternate screen. But I think it certainly would be nice to support the fling gesture being allow to load differnt templates.

Here is someone putting the swipe/fling code to use
http://www.codeshogun.com/blog/2009/04/16/how-to-implement-swipe-action-in-android/

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-12-2010

What is the license model

I now have a 7" tablet that I am using as well - do I need to purchase the client again?

In the registration, there is no ID, the ID is listed as ID undefined. Should that be there or should there be some text.

Suggestions.....

Can we have the icon changed from the generic SD card looking thing to something more befitting CQC.

Not to take anything away from the name taRiva, but it would be nice to have the text with the Icon have CQC in it as well.

Refreshing/Loading - there is a large windows in the middle of the screen tha flashes as imagtes etc are loading - can this be made less intrusive (something similar to iPhone where its just in the corner - you can look for it if you want to see if its working, but its not big and obvious). This is especially annoying when it is just refreshing the screen at whatever interval its set to.

It is crashing a lot and I have to force close. I suppose you would like some logs to help with this.

I will do a thread on the new tablet once I get it sorted and become familar with it a little more as well - its a very nice Telstra T-Touch Tablet, a re-badged Huawei S7 - runs Android 2.1

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-12-2010

znelbok Wrote:I now have a 7" tablet that I am using as well - do I need to purchase the client again?
Right, it's one license per device.

Quote:In the registration, there is no ID, the ID is listed as ID undefined. Should that be there or should there be some text.
Hmm, the reason I stopped using the phone number was that it was optional, but I thought they all had such an ID. I guess a need a new unique identifier...

Quote:Can we have the icon changed from the generic SD card looking thing to something more befitting CQC.
Sure, if someone wants to send me a 72x72 (and 48x48) icon, I'll use it...

Quote:Not to take anything away from the name taRiva, but it would be nice to have the text with the Icon have CQC in it as well.
Wouldn't that be a little like saying "a bulldog dog"? RIVA is supposed to be the key...

Quote:Refreshing/Loading - there is a large windows in the middle of the screen tha flashes as imagtes etc are loading
Right, I used a default method as I couldn't figure out an alternative, but I'll give it another look.

Quote:It is crashing a lot and I have to force close. I suppose you would like some logs to help with this.
Considering it's the first I hear of it, yes the logs would help...

znelbok Wrote:In the registration, there is no ID, the ID is listed as ID undefined.
Go try .82, I added a fallback to the wifi's mac address...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - brianmount - 11-12-2010

I can send you the icons I used for the iPhone app if you want. If so, in what graphics format do you need them?

brianmount Wrote:I can send you the icons I used for the iPhone app if you want. If so, in what graphics format do you need them?
Thanks! In png that would be great, I guess that's a step closer to having consistent RIVA clients. Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-13-2010

How do I lock the screen to prevent it from rotating.

I have an 800x480 (landscape) tablet and a registered version, so I can lock it, but when I lock it it goes to 480x800 (portrait) which is wrong for the tablet.

Is this a feature that has been left out because it was written for phone which are in portrait and not landscape.

Mick