Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 10-16-2010

personalt Wrote:thanks..

After playing around I was able to get it to connect if I set to protocol v1 but not protocol 2. I am running CQC version 3.3 so it seems like it is new enough to support protocol 2.

You need 3.3.1 at a minimum, that is when RIVA v2 was added, can't remember if any fixes to v2 were added in subsequent releases, I think there were.

Edit: 3.3.20 contains latest enhancement to RIVA v2, should jump to latest 3.3.23 to get fixes to that last image repo ehnacement.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-16-2010

personalt Wrote:I am running CQC version 3.3 so it seems like it is new enough to support protocol 2.
I'd recommend using the latest beta, to be sure version 2 is supported. Having the CQC server send the template's size helps and you can also use progress bars.

Quote:is there any settings on the server i need to use to get taRiva to play with protocol 2..
Nope.

Quote:I am just starting to play around but from a high level standpoint should I expect to configure my templates in the same as a regular windows template?
Pretty much, though ideally you would want to use the native resolution of the phone, when designing your templates, and make sure to use small images in media art browser and such...

Quote:does this support swiping to change from one template to another?
That wouldn't work on a regular CQC client, so no... What the swipe does is give you access to a "virtual area" bigger than your phone's resolution. If you click the "mobile template" link in my signature, you can see a set of 384x544 templates used on a 320x480 phone, where the extra 64 pixels on the right and bottom are used for navigation bars, which are normally hidden, but easily accessible by swiping...

Of course if on a 320x480 phone you design a 640x480 template and have it load two 320 x480 templates in an overlay, you could swipe between them, but...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Ron Haley - 11-07-2010

I've got all my templates resized. Everything works well on the PC. I'm having some problems.
1. I've purchased it, but don't seem to be able to get it registered. Key is
9a976095ed9f424e
2. Touch sensitivity - seems like I have to touch it forever.
3. Pressing on the button that executes
and_Toolbar_Portrait::ScrollList
P1=Next

needs to happen like 20 times for it to work.
4. The swipes don't seem to act like the iphone - where can I see how these work?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-07-2010

Ron Haley Wrote:1. I've purchased it, but don't seem to be able to get it registered.
You are hitting the hardware Menu button, selecting Registration, putting the value and hitting apply (or whatever it's called)? Send me a PM with your Android ID and the key you got back, I'll double check.

[Image: index.php?title=File:TaRIVA_Navigation.jpg]

Quote:2. Touch sensitivity - seems like I have to touch it forever.
After 250 ms, you should get the Haptic feedback telling you the button press was recognized...

Quote:4. The swipes don't seem to act like the iphone - where can I see how these work?
You just swipe like you would do in an application using a map... Has long as your initial touch isn't longer than 250ms and considered a press/scroll/release to be sent to the CQC RIVA server (like say a control knob for some volume)...

Fonceur Wrote:You are hitting the hardware Menu button, selecting Registration, putting the value and hitting apply (or whatever it's called)? Send me a PM with your Android ID and the key you got back, I'll double check.

Sent you the key via PM

After 250 ms, you should get the Haptic feedback telling you the button press was recognized...

1. I get feedback, but more often than not, nothing happens.

4. You just swipe like you would do in an application using a map... Has long as your initial touch isn't longer than 250ms and considered a press/scroll/release to be sent to the CQC RIVA server (like say a control knob for some volume)...
So do swipes translate to hot keys like the Ipod version? It doesn't seem to work for me.

Fonceur Wrote:You are hitting the hardware Menu button, selecting Registration, putting the value and hitting apply (or whatever it's called)? Send me a PM with your Android ID and the key you got back, I'll double check.

You just swipe like you would do in an application using a map... Has long as your initial touch isn't longer than 250ms and considered a press/scroll/release to be sent to the CQC RIVA server (like say a control knob for some volume)...

1. sent ID via pm.
2. Getting short vibrate when I touch the screen, but often nothing happens - sometimes loading message, then nothing.
4. Swipes don't seem to translate to hot keys like the Ipod version ?!

Ron Haley Wrote:So do swipes translate to hot keys like the Ipod version? It doesn't seem to work for me.
No they don't, and shouldn't... I don't know what is the motivation on the iPod version, but here a swipe acts as you would expect a swipe to act... If your template is bigger than the physical dimension of your screen, you just swipe around to access the rest of the template... Like my 320x480 mobile templates, which has some 64 pixels navigation bars on the right and bottom. If the resolution already matches, then there is no point in swiping.

Ron Haley Wrote:1. sent ID via pm.
David should have sent you the license by email. Not sure if you missed the step where you were supposed to provide the android ID at order time, or if he's been too busy with the server move.

Quote:2. Getting short vibrate when I touch the screen, but often nothing happens - sometimes loading message, then nothing.
Seems like something is going wrong, try installing log collector and/or checking the CQC logs.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 11-07-2010

taRiva has stopped working on the Galaxy S now (about two months ago actually). No reason as to why that I can see, just stopped. When I start it it sits there and then times out with the force close message.

I uninstalled it and installed the latest again, but it still does the same thing.

The logfile is attached, but I cant see any reference to tariva at all so I think I will have to try again tonight.

Mick

znelbok Wrote:The logfile is attached, but I cant see any reference to tariva at all so I think I will have to try again tonight.
Indeed, there is only 10 minutes worth of log in there and none related to taRIVA....

Does your iPhone RIVA client or the .net one still work?