Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-06-2010

Ron Haley Wrote:now I've got a zip with all the files separately.
I don't know what that zip file is, but the TARiva.apk is the application that should get installed on the phone... Maybe you are trying to open the apk, which is really an archive, but that's not what you're supposed to do... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Ron Haley - 10-06-2010

Fonceur Wrote:I don't know what that zip file is, but the TARiva.apk is the application that should get installed on the phone... Maybe you are trying to open the apk, which is really an archive, but that's not what you're supposed to do... Wink
It showed up as a zip file on my machine. I renamed it .apk, copied it across, and voila, it "works".
Upon initial startup, the screen looks the right size, but upon touching the screen, the templates halve in size. Any ideas? I ended up with .78

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 10-06-2010

Are the templates smaller than the actual screen resolution? I find when this is the case, the screens will "resize" even smaller when you try to swipe across the screen. It sounds like this is what you are experiencing. If the templates are as large or larger than the device's screen resolution, then swiping seems to work fine. At least that has been my experience.

PS - apk stands for Android Package file. It is the "executable" file type for Android. Basically the Android equivalent of a Windows .exe file. Actually that probably isn't technically correct, but for the "average joe" like me, that is the best comparison I can think of.

sic0048 Wrote:I find when this is the case, the screens will "resize" even smaller when you try to swipe across the screen.
Unfortunately that is some hardware/software issue that I can't reproduce with the emulator. I haven't really received any log with some clear indication of what might be going on. I could probably try to disable the swipe when the template's dimensions are smaller than the screen, but I'm not sure if that would help any.

Quote:PS - apk stands for Android Package file. It is the "executable" file type for Android. Basically the Android equivalent of a Windows .exe file.
Actually, it's basically the .jar files used by java... Wink

Version 0.80

- Ignore swipes when the template is smaller than the actual screen.

Not sure if it will really help, but... If not, then I could use some log collector when the resize happens...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Ron Haley - 10-07-2010

sic0048 Wrote:Are the templates smaller than the actual screen resolution? I find when this is the case, the screens will "resize" even smaller when you try to swipe across the screen. It sounds like this is what you are experiencing. If the templates are as large or larger than the device's screen resolution, then swiping seems to work fine. At least that has been my experience.

PS - apk stands for Android Package file. It is the "executable" file type for Android. Basically the Android equivalent of a Windows .exe file. Actually that probably isn't technically correct, but for the "average joe" like me, that is the best comparison I can think of.
They are smaller - currently trying it with the Iphone layouts.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-07-2010

Version 0.81

- Updated the download link and phone number.

I decided to link directly to my public dropbox, this way it will prevent the version on the wiki from lagging behind. The first post contains that download link.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - personalt - 10-15-2010

I just starting playing with this last night and was wondering if there was any tricks to get this to connect. I have done the following. I dont see any errors (or anything related to Riva in the log) on the server and the taRiva screen just sits on the CQC logo on the android.

1. Veryify in task manager that the remote server is running
2. Added a separate user, 'android' with a default template. I used a template imported from this thread, there was a test template example.
3. Created a connection in taRiva using this users login and password. I picked protocol version 2 (but did try 1 first).
4. Made sure I was connected to home network via wifi
5. Turned off firewall on pc

I just see the cqc logo in application and do not really see anything in the log. If I go to the about screen the 'template' area is blank so I am assuming it has not connected as it knows nothing about the default template.

Questions
*Do I need to use PC name or ip address for hostname?
*Does the taRiva application give any indication that it is failing to connect?
*When does the taRiva application try to connect, do I need to tap logo or goes it happen on startup?
*If I want to try to connect again do I need to exit the application.
*If I query the log on server what do I query for?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-15-2010

personalt Wrote:3. Created a connection in taRiva using this users login and password. I picked protocol version 2 (but did try 1 first).
You can also use the Windows RIVA client to make sure everything is working fine on the CQC server...

Quote:If I go to the about screen the 'template' area is blank so I am assuming it has not connected as it knows nothing about the default template.
Indeed.

Quote:Do I need to use PC name or ip address for hostname?
You want to use the IP address, 192.168.0.x or such. Though once you get it working, you could use port forwarding and some static IP like personalt.dydns.com or such.

Quote:Does the taRiva application give any indication that it is failing to connect?
Unfortunately no, I just haven't found a visual cue I liked to show that.

Quote:When does the taRiva application try to connect, do I need to tap logo or goes it happen on startup?
On launch it tries to connect to the configured profile, or when you press add/apply from the configuration screen.

Quote:If I want to try to connect again do I need to exit the application.
No, just hit apply again.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - personalt - 10-16-2010

thanks..

After playing around I was able to get it to connect if I set to protocol v1 but not protocol 2. I am running CQC version 3.3 so it seems like it is new enough to support protocol 2.

is there any settings on the server i need to use to get taRiva to play with protocol 2..

I am just starting to play around but from a high level standpoint should I expect to configure my templates in the same as a regular windows template? does this support swiping to change from one template to another?