Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-24-2010

Version 0.79

- Clear the web images cache when closing the application.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-24-2010

batwater Wrote:Dean, could a scaling option (something that could be flagged on or off) be added to the Media Repo Image widget or the RIVA server to address this?

-Ben

You probably shouldn't be using images that big anyway generally. If you are using our repo, it will scale them down smaller when it imports them. If you are using the File Tag repo, you can use the CQCRescaleImgs program to rescale images larger than a given size in one big pass, which will let you make sure that you don't have images too large, and it'll compress them a little harder as well to reduce size.

But I guess we could also have an option though on the repo image to use the thumbs instead of the large image, for use on these smaller devices, so that you don't have to make them too small to look good on the regular systems in order to get good performance on smallers ones.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-24-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:You probably shouldn't be using images that big anyway generally. If you are using our repo, it will scale them down smaller when it imports them. If you are using the File Tag repo, you can use the CQCRescaleImgs program to rescale images larger than a given size in one big pass, which will let you make sure that you don't have images too large, and it'll compress them a little harder as well to reduce size.

But I guess we could also have an option though on the repo image to use the thumbs instead of the large image, for use on these smaller devices, so that you don't have to make them too small to look good on the regular systems in order to get good performance on smallers ones.

An option would be great.

So, the MyMovies repository / driver is not actually importing the images and metadata into a CQC repo? Your answer partially confuses me as I thought I was pulling it from a CQC repo.

Thanks!
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-24-2010

Well there 'repository drivers' for accessing MyMovies, DVD Profiler, and our repository, but only in our own repository do we do anything other generally than just pull the data over at runtime. We can't write back to them to change anything. So we might do something like create thumbnails on the fly if the device/software doesn't provide them, but that's about it. In our own repository (for which there is also a repository driver), we manage the data ourselves, and as soon as you make changes it shows up in the driver since you use our own repository manager program, and it's written to disk at the same time. And we can scale images as desired when they are loaded into our repository (since we are the ones storing the actual data ourselves.)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 09-25-2010

This looks like an interesting Android offering:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/24/android-based-alessitab-home-tablet-gets-november-release-highe/

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Ron Haley - 10-06-2010

Hi,
As you know, I purchased a copy, but still am unable to get the latest version. The link you sent me via email shows it as version .43. There is still no working link from the wiki (that I can find anyway). Also, your phone number shown in the "about" is no longer in service.
I have everything working in RV and the Iphone client, but when loading into the android client, all I see is the top menu and a blank white screen underneath. I have a nexus One, Android 2.2.1, and CQC 3.3.1.18
Thanks

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-06-2010

Ron Haley Wrote:As you know, I purchased a copy, but still am unable to get the latest version. The link you sent me via email shows it as version .43.
Technically, it's the owner of Tallus LLC (David Li) that would know that, not me... The link in the email is some kind of anachronism that shouldn't be there in the first place. Wink

Quote:There is still no working link from the wiki (that I can find anyway).
Sure there is, I just downloaded the version from the third line of the Installation section of the wiki (direct link here), and the size seems to match the latest version and definitely doesn't match the size of version .43. Did you get confused by the fact that the screenshot on the right was an old one and not indicative of the actual available version? This is also the version available from the link on the About page.

But the best way to get the latest version is through DropBox as mentioned in post 134, which I have copied to the first post of the thread.

Quote:but when loading into the android client, all I see is the top menu and a blank white screen underneath.
Yeah, that rescaling issue got fixed somewhere in the 36 versions released since the one you are using...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 10-06-2010

Ron,

Make sure you email Tallus and include the ID# that is found under the registration tab. They will send you a key that you will use to register the product. The directions in the original email are totally bogus. I don't know why they are included because they don't work!

Fonceur Wrote:Technically, it's the owner of Tallus LLC (David Li) that would know that, not me... The link in the email is some kind of anachronism that shouldn't be there in the first place. Wink

Sure there is, I just downloaded the version from the third line of the Installation section of the wiki (direct link here), and the size seems to match the latest version and definitely doesn't match the size of version .43. Did you get confused by the fact that the screenshot on the right was an old one and not indicative of the actual available version? This is also the version available from the link on the About page.

But the best way to get the latest version is through DropBox as mentioned in post 134, which I have copied to the first post of the thread.

Yeah, that rescaling issue got fixed somewhere in the 36 versions released since the one you are using...

OK, here is my confusion - I originally installed from taRiva.apk - now I've got a zip with all the files separately. What do I copy across to the phone, and to where. What is the .apk ?

sic0048 Wrote:Ron,

Make sure you email Tallus and include the ID# that is found under the registration tab. They will send you a key that you will use to register the product. The directions in the original email are totally bogus. I don't know why they are included because they don't work!
Thanks Brian - will do!