Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-23-2010

Fonceur Wrote:So when I tried to "fix the transparency", I actually broke it, so now in .77g it is working fine again, as it did before I started to mess with it... Wink
Hi Fonceur,

The old self repairing code trick, yeah, I've heard that one before... ;-) .77g works great regarding that, can't speak to the other additions yet. (only 19 more letters to go to.78 Confusedhock: )

Any chance to look at the clipping on the text boxes where 2 are butted next to each other but there is still a pixel width line in between? The alarm template on #16 demonstrates this.

Thanks, great work!
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-23-2010

batwater Wrote:Any chance to look at the clipping on the text boxes where 2 are butted next to each other but there is still a pixel width line in between? The alarm template on #16 demonstrates this.
Actually, I had looked into it before, but wasn't seeing it... Now I did fix that part in .78, but I'm seeing some side effect with the bottom of that area, do you see that on the other clients?

Fonceur Wrote:Actually, I had looked into it before, but wasn't seeing it... Now I did fix that part in .78, but I'm seeing some side effect with the bottom of that area, do you see that on the other clients?

That fixed it, thanks. Take a look again at that template, I had the Armed / Disarmed widget 1 pixel too high so it was intruding on the text display's space.

-Ben

batwater Wrote:Take a look again at that template, I had the Armed / Disarmed widget 1 pixel too high so it was intruding on the text display's space.
Good, as I wasn't seeing anything else wrong... Wink

personalt Wrote:Can you run this on an android emulator? I have my motorola droid but was looking at working on larger screens before I get a tablet

Couldn't you achieve the same thing by running the Windows RIVA client?

- Ben

Hi Fonceur,

I think I have found a problem, I added a popup to the movie tab on #16. Pressing the movie cover art will load the popup. Touch anywhere to close. Works great for a while then either hangs or force closes.

Art is bigger, I'll probably have to shrink some.

email sent with log from last FC.

-Ben

batwater Wrote:Art is bigger, I'll probably have to shrink some.
Yeah, you're using the original 762x1053 images and running out of memory. I guess keeping all the images of the current session in memory isn't such a good idea if people are going to access multiple images of a few MB... Wink

Version 0.78b

- Changed some "X --> X + width - 1" to "X --> X + width" boundaries.
- Only keep the images < 20 Kb in memory.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-23-2010

As a rule, you'd want to try to keep image repository images, but not keep URL based or cover art images around, since the latter are transient and there could be lots of them. What the regular RIVA client does is have a cache of around 256 images or, which is uses on a least recently used basis, i.e. if it's full and another image is required, it tosses the oldest one. That's generally enough to cover any reasonable set of interfaces.

The cache is only used for image repository images. It does have a smaller one for cover art, enough to generally hold a small number of pages' worth of images, more pages if they use fewer on a page, to help speed up paging around a little, but that's all it tries to do on that front.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-24-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Yeah, you're using the original 762x1053 images and running out of memory. I guess keeping all the images of the current session in memory isn't such a good idea if people are going to access multiple images of a few MB... Wink

Hmm, not understanding. I'm pulling the cover art via the MyMovies REPO I have defined, I'm not selecting the size, is that a function of how large I have made it on the template?

Separate question, on a preload action, like loading the cover art, this would occur prior to the popup being displayed correct? Then if I made the same load coverart call in the onload action then it would occur after the popup has been displayed. Trying to compensate for images not displaying due to an I/O timeout and the client moving on (I'm okay with this compromise, makes sense given nature of the cellular network, don't want to hang the client up forever trying to load and draw images)

Thanks
-Ben