Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-19-2010

Version 0.72f

- Gave more time to read the incoming images on slower network.
- Fix: Was flushing a closed buffered output stream (Froyo didn't like that).

This is basically the version .72e that has been confirmed to load images on Froyo, with a little less debugging text.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-19-2010

Well now that I have images, I thought I would share my base template. It is basically the iPhone images that have been provided already.

Still lots of work to get done, but it certainly is exciting to see progress.

[Image: CAP201009191704.jpg]

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-19-2010

Wow...my templates look nearly identical!

Fonceur, .72f is working great on my froyo HTC Desire. Great job.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-19-2010

A bit of a discussion was started on the iRIVA client regarding securing access to the HA system should the phone / tablet be stolen.

I would rather not enter a password for each account when I fire the client up, however, it might make sense to have an "unlock" option as a gate keeper into the client, like the phone itself, perhaps a pattern that is entered by tracing the dots, etc, either that or multi-digit pin.

I'm thinking a lock, something beyond the phone lock, would be good but need to keep it simple enough not to be annoying.

Thoughts, what makes sense?

-Ben

I think I've asked this before, but what if you have a security pad template. This would require that you put in your normal security code to change the disarm the system. What is the risk there? The RIVA client would broadcast the button presses in the open, but that isn't the same as the number themselves, correct?

I think creating a security keypad to enter your security code before you can arm disarm the system.

If you lost your phone, you they couldn't disarm the system, and you would simply have to delete that user from the system. Then they couldn't even get in to the rest of the system.

I think I follow. A front door template or overlay that requires a code to be entered prior to getting any farther. I like that, it doesn't require changes to the taRIVA client to accomplish. Really a design best practice if you will.

To implement in practice, taking Fonceur's test templates as an example, the initial template would contain the keypad to unlock the system, once unlocked what was the existing home screen would become the home overlay.

I am differentiating between controlling remote access to the CQC system via the RIVA (or any other protocol) and arming / disarming my alarm. That will be handled via a separate keypad template/overlay and will require deliberate interaction in order to accomplish.

-Ben

batwater Wrote:To implement in practice, taking Fonceur's test templates as an example, the initial template would contain the keypad to unlock the system, once unlocked what was the existing home screen would become the home overlay.
Right, and once unlocked you set a global variable to true or such, and check the value in your template buttons' actions before loading into the MainOveleray.

Fonceur Wrote:Right, and once unlocked you set a global variable to true or such, and check the value in your template buttons' actions before loading into the MainOveleray.

Okay, to make sure I understand the mechanics:
  1. I press buttons 1 2 3 4 and then enter
  2. Some code evaluates what buttons have been pressed and in what order (how?)
  3. If buttons sent = PIN a GVAR gets set to true
  4. All template buttons evaluate GVAR for true prior to executing?
Is that the gist?

Perhaps a new thread on this discussion since this is not specifically taRIVA related?

-Ben

batwater Wrote:I press buttons 1 2 3 4 and then enter
Yup.

Quote:Some code evaluates what buttons have been pressed and in what order (how?)
You could simply append to a local string variable and the enter key would compare it to your actual code.

Dean created a "How To" video on password protecting a template. It could be the first template loaded which would unlock the other templates, so it might just be the template to disarm the alarm system, etc, etc, etc

[url=http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloads/Video%20Tutorials/FAQ/Miscellaneous/Protected%20Template%20Access.wmv]