Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-18-2010

Fonceur Wrote:OK try version .72 and either send me the log collector report or paste the following part:

Code:
Starting Image Request.
Initiating Connection Operation to Host: 192.168.0.101 on Port 13517
Transmitting Message Header: [Unsigned Byte: 2e, Unsigned Short: 1, Unsigned Short: 3d, Unsigned Byte: 82, Unsigned Byte: f1]
Transmitting Message Body: [Unsigned Byte: 0, 20 90 39 33 13 255 72 41 73 90 185 59 175 137 0 6, Unsigned Integer: 28, UTF8 String: CQCRepo::\System\Hardware\Icons\Light On]
Received an image start, load = 18
Received Image_Start

The important question is if you get the Received an image start or not... If you do, then CQC did start sending something as it understood the query, if not it would mean CQC didn't like the query or somehow took too long to answer...

Sent log. I do see the Received an image start command in the log. In fact I see the entire section that you posted. I won't speculate what that means....

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I do see the Received an image start command in the log.
What it means is that CQC received a proper query and sent back a proper header, but that the error is happening trying to extract the actual image after that... So that's definitely some progress. Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-18-2010

I like progress. ;-)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I like progress.
Indeed! Now I need a log for .72b, this should narrow it down some more...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-19-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I like progress.
Now go try .72c, I think it should work. I suspect the issue is a combination of faster CPU and slower network, so that it tried reading data faster than they were coming in... So I added a 100 ms pause when there is less data than what it is trying to read...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-19-2010

Hi Foncuer,

Just tested .72c, I did not have any errors show up in the CQC log during the test session. Still saw a few image not available messages in the android log.

The 100ms delay you instituted, is that on a per image fetch basis or once activated, stays that way for all future I/O for that application session?

I don't know if this is new or important, but seeing a fair amount of "Window already focused" getting logged...
Code:
09-19 10:56:17.622 I/Panel   ( 7730): Get image: CQCRepo::\System\Transport\Symbols2\Small\Left-1
09-19 10:56:17.712 W/dalvikvm(   90): disableGcForExternalAlloc: false
09-19 10:56:17.722 W/InputManagerService(   90): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@4443ad58
09-19 10:56:17.922 I/ImageOperation( 7730): Image ID = 1, type = CQCRepo, image = \System\Transport\Symbols2\Small\Left
09-19 10:56:17.932 I/Panel   ( 7730): Drawing on the canvas

Thanks
-Ben

batwater Wrote:Still saw a few image not available messages in the android log.
Might just be big images taking longer than the allowed time.

Quote:The 100ms delay you instituted, is that on a per image fetch basis or once activated, stays that way for all future I/O for that application session?
That's only for the image fetching and can actually happen multiple times for a single image. If there's enough data in the buffer, no delay is used.

Quote:I don't know if this is new or important, but seeing a fair amount of "Window already focused" getting logged...
It just means that when it redraws the screen, the app already had focus...

Version .72d is up, as it seems sic0048's network is even slower than I thought...

Version .72e is up. While the slow network might have been an issue, I think older Android OS versions were just not throwing an exception on trying to flush a buffer already closed...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-19-2010

Success! Version .72e works for me. I suspect it was the Froyo changes that made the difference in the end. But I know get graphics over both LAN and 3g networks. They actually load up very fast - even over 3g.

Thanks for all the help Patrick! It's nice to have a working RIVA client! I guess now I have to get serious about creating some templates for it.