Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-18-2010

Fonceur Wrote:As far as I can tell, if you have an instance running and install a new one, it's not really doing a proper shutdown, so when you launch the app you are simply refocusing the new version of the app with old data... So it doesn't really clear left over issues...

So if you could perform a proper shutdown and resend me a log please.

EDIT: Maybe go for a CQC service restart before too.. Wink

I promise that I am shutting down the CQC Riva properly. I use the hard back button and I get the "Do you really want to quit?" pop-up. I press OK and the program closes out. If it isn't properly shutting down, it must be something wrong with the way the program closes out.

I'm resending a log after I reinstalled .71 (making sure the app wasn't opened at the time) as well as recycled the CQC server.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-18-2010

One thing you might do to help him is to get the RIVA server and its supporting library into verbose logging mode. You can do this by:

1. Opening the CQC Command Prompt
2. Issuing this command:

cidlogadmin setloglevel /CQC/CQCRemVServer/CoreAdmins/Dawn CQCRemVSrv Info

Where the Dawn part is replaced by the actual host name where the RIVA server is running. If you aren't sure, use CQCNetTest and see what it shows as the host name that it found the RIVA server on.

That'll put the server itself into verbose mode. To do it for the supporting library, it's the same but a different module name:

cidlogadmin setloglevel /CQC/CQCRemVServer/CoreAdmins/Dawn CQCRemVComm Info

That should hopefully get it to log more info that might be of use. At some point later you'll want to reset the service to get it out of that mode when no longer useful, to keep it from logging useless stuff. You can set it to Info, Warn, Fail and a few others. Info may be more than you want, in which case you can set it to Warn instead.

I'm not sure if the RIVA server really provides enough or enough useful verbose level stuff or not. There is a good bit in there, but it might not be what is useful. I can always put some more.

Dean Roddey Wrote:One thing you might do to help him is to get the RIVA server and its supporting library into verbose logging mode.

Done. Now how can I access that information? Will it be in the regular CQC logs that you access via the Admin Interface? Should I look for a log at a specific location?

Thanks,

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-18-2010

It'll just be in the logs as usual. There'll just be more of it.

Well the higher verbose logging doesn't add much.

The errors are the same without any additional information.

There is addition logged items like "Sending end draw with area 483,154,64,64" and "Got a connection with client at 192.168.1.XX:50896" etc, etc, etc. But nothing that would help diagnose any of the issues.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2010

sic0048 Wrote:The errors are the same without any additional information.
Could you restart the CQC service, give it a few minutes to initialize everything. Then redo that enhanced logging, start taRIVA, get to the log, select 512, query, snap to file and send it to me please. It would be nice catching the first time it goes wrong...

How much do you want me to play with the RIVA client before sending the log? Just open the program and let it load the first template? Or press a few buttons and load a couple of different overlays?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 09-18-2010

On my phone, with tariva running, if it goes to sleep and then you re-awake it, the screen is non responsive and I have to close the app and re-start it to get it to work.

I get the haptic feedback, but nothing is executed.

Mick

sic0048 Wrote:How much do you want me to play with the RIVA client before sending the log? Just open the program and let it load the first template? Or press a few buttons and load a couple of different overlays?
If you're missing images on the first template, that will be enough indeed. Or you can clear the cache before doing all those steps, to make sure there will be some image requests.

znelbok Wrote:On my phone, with tariva running, if it goes to sleep and then you re-awake it, the screen is non responsive and I have to close the app and re-start it to get it to work.
Yes, that is a known issue that has been noted on the wiki since the start, as it also affects my other applications. Basically what happens is that when the phone goes to sleep it ends up putting the listening thread in a state that I can't get back from... You probably don't need to actually kill it, but just go back to configuration and hit Apply to reconnect.

I could probably prevent it from going to sleep, but then I'd just be draining the battery for no reason.

Quote:I get the haptic feedback, but nothing is executed.
All the time or just after coming back from sleep?