Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2010

Version 0.70b

- Inserted a socket.shutdownInput() before the socket.close().

There seems to be a few issues with the Android's socket that get resolves by adding that extra code, so worth a try for the image download issue...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-18-2010

Holy Smokes Batman, that's a huge improvement! :-D Cached images come up nearly instantly now. I'm more consistently getting images on the 1st load.

I just flushed my cache, buttons icons appear much faster, screen load of the 4 movie cover art images is much quicker and come up all at once instead of a 1 or 2 at a time.

Much better!

-Ben

batwater Wrote:Cached images come up nearly instantly now.
That certainly sounds like a placebo effect... Wink If they're cached, the change on the closing effect won't affect them. Of course there is no screen update until the whole start/end draw is parsed, so if there were uncached images, that could affect it.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-18-2010

But the socket closedown issue could have been causing local timeouts or something within your app perhaps.

Not a placebo effect! It is coming up much faster. I Sent email with 2 logs and a cqc snap dump there appears to be a different type of socket error on the android and the weather template forecast overlays were throwing errors in the CQC log. (2nd set of files)

-Ben

Dean Roddey Wrote:But the socket closedown issue could have been causing local timeouts or something within your app perhaps.
But for the cached image the socket would have never been opened in the first place anyway...

Looking at the Android log, I think shutting down those output/input is actually preventing the close from executing due to some exception... Wink

Version 0.71

- Removed some of the exception spam while closing the socket.
- Reordered the shut down of the streams during the socket close...

The ShutdownOutput might have been preventing some of the other operations from proceeding... Might want to restart the CQC service to clear the back log of errors...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-18-2010

Sent log with .71 now.

sic0048 Wrote:Sent log with .71 now.
As far as I can tell, if you have an instance running and install a new one, it's not really doing a proper shutdown, so when you launch the app you are simply refocusing the new version of the app with old data... So it doesn't really clear left over issues...

So if you could perform a proper shutdown and resend me a log please.

EDIT: Maybe go for a CQC service restart before too.. Wink

Rebooted the CQC server for grins (not quite grins, updated the video driver, had to anyway) then installed .71 I did not have any errors throw in the CQC log and only 2 image not available messages with my last test of exercising through all of the sample templates.

-Ben