Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-17-2010

znelbok Wrote:Please, just make it easy for me to buy, no forms, accounts or other bullshit, just make it easy.
I think the Tallus owner was looking into moving from Godaddy to some other provider, that might be why it didn't work... Worse case we can use Paypal for that, but let me see what is up.

SamVimes2 Wrote:I am still getting the image download thread exceptions on .67. Some, very few, images get through, and only the small ones.
Have you tried restarting the CQC service?

Quote:Same templates work in winRIVA and iRIVA.
Are you able to clear the image cache on iRIVA and try again? It seems strange that it works for batwater and I but not you and sic0048...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-17-2010

What version of CQC are each of you on?

Do you have a movie repo (MyMovies, etc) that you could utilize Fonceur's templates from this thread and perhaps add the weather feed? They would have to be re-sized but at least we would be comparing apples to apples. These templates and overlays are working for me on my HTC Hero, running Android 2.1.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-17-2010

I'm running 3.3.17 for CQC, version .67 of the RIVA client, and Android 2.2 (Froyo) on the DroidX phone.

I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't a Froyo issue. I know there were a lot of "under the hood" kind of changes in this OS.

I'm really getting irritated at the RIVA system in general at this point (not at Fonceur). I cannot get my Windows RIVA client to connect again. My iPaq clients have no troubles. I've restarted the CQC Server without any change.

This is the first time that I've seen instability in the CQC product. I guess I shouldn't complain then, but this is really getting annoying.

Here is the error I get on the Windows RIVA. I get this same error on the iPaq client (at least the socket error), but it ends up connecting anyway.
[Image: WindowRIVAerror.png]

No firewall running on the CQC server, and I'm using the standard 13516 and 13517 ports.

sic0048 Wrote:I cannot get my Windows RIVA client to connect again.
Maybe the Windows RIVA client is less forgiving to that crashed CQC image download thread and just refusing to work altogether...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-17-2010

Try the reference RIVA client, the one that is installed by the installer. See how that reacts. Folks haven't been having these complaints previously, so I'm assuming that this client has found some way to freak out the server somehow. Also, do a CQCNetTest and paste the stats on the RIVA server here.

One possibility is that this client isn't closing connections correctly, so it's having the server open sockets, which then have to time out because they aren't being closed, which means that new ones can't be opened until those old ones time out, which will take a couple minutes or so.

Dean Roddey Wrote:Try the reference RIVA client, the one that is installed by the installer. See how that reacts. Folks haven't been having these complaints previously, so I'm assuming that this client has found some way to freak out the server somehow. Also, do a CQCNetTest and paste the stats on the RIVA server here.
I didn't even know there was a reference RIVA client! Loading that up, the templates work just fine and the icons/graphics show just fine.

Here is the nettest results for the RIVA Server section:
Stats For Process: RIVA Server on whs
----------------------------
Object Id: whs.13518
App/UpSince: Fri, Sep 17 18:21:48 2010 -0400
Core/ThreadCnt: 54
ORB/Client/CmdCache: 2
ORB/Client/RebindFails: 0
ORB/Client/SrvCache: 1
ORB/Client/SrvTargets: 2
ORB/Client/WaitList: 0
ORB/Srv/ActiveCmds: 1
ORB/Srv/ClientHWMark: 1
ORB/Srv/CurClients: 1
ORB/Srv/DroppedRetPacks: 0
ORB/Srv/MaxClients: 16
ORB/Srv/QueuedCmds: 0
ORB/Srv/RegisteredObjs: 1
ORB/Srv/WorkThreads: 4

Dean Roddey Wrote:One possibility is that this client isn't closing connections correctly
So what's the correct way to close the image connection after each request? The TStatusReturn with 0, 0, 0? I also had the LogOff before the actual close, but the CQC server didn't seem to like that either...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-17-2010

As long as you just make sure to close the sockets. One possible gotcha that can happen is that, when an error does occur, that the socket isn't closed in those cases. So if you get a situation where you are getting an exception, and you don't close the socket down, you can quickly run up 10 or 20 of those and use up all of the available threads on the server side, and it'll stop creating anymore until those existing sessions time out and free up threads to serve clients. So make sure that you are closing the sockets in all cases.