Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-17-2010

Version 0.67

- Fix: The clear image cache could also wipe the whole SD card... (oops)

sic0048 Wrote:Yes, I can see the graphics from the "DroidX" templates on my iPaq.
It might be using the "simpler protocol", so what about the windows RIVA client?

Quote:So it seems to point to a DroidX hardware or Android RIVA software issue.
Well, if you're still getting the CQC error messages, it means taRIVA is never going to receive any images... The Android emulator and batwater's phone are sending the same image requests...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-17-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Version 0.67
- Fix: The clear image cache could also wipe the whole SD card... (oops)

Yikes. Confusedhock: Good thing I had a backup of my SD card. No worries, great way to get rid of stuff I didn't need anyway. ;-)

-Ben

batwater Wrote:Good thing I had a backup of my SD card.
Good! I felt bad when I realized that unlike the cache folder on the internal storage, which is dedicated to the app, the way that I accessed the external storage was pointing me to the root of sdcard... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 09-17-2010

I got my issue of only a partial screen worked out - I had loaded was created with an iphone resolution and the galaxy's resolution is much higher.

Built a template at the correct screen size and all is good.

Button presses only work for long presses. Just tapping the scren the normal way does nothing at all. When I do do a long press, the little vibration motor goes off as well, so there is some tactile feedback at least.

How do I get it to work with a normal touch? This affect sliding as well for say a slider widget as well.

What about sound, I saw something briefly mentioned about sound somewhere (or was that the iphone thread?)

Mick

Fonceur Wrote:Good! I felt bad when I realized that unlike the cache folder on the internal storage, which is dedicated to the app, the way that I accessed the external storage was pointing me to the root of sdcard... Wink

Practicing safe computing :-D

znelbok Wrote:Button presses only work for long presses. Just tapping the scren the normal way does nothing at all. When I do do a long press, the little vibration motor goes off as well, so there is some tactile feedback at least.

How do I get it to work with a normal touch? This affect sliding as well for say a slider widget as well.

What about sound, I saw something briefly mentioned about sound somewhere (or was that the iphone thread?)

Mick

Hi Mick,

For button presses, press until you get the vibration and then release; this is your feedback indicating that the button press has registered and been sent to your CQC server. Just a tap won't get you anything as there has to be some way of differentiating button intent, vs slide intent vs swipe the screen intent.

I don't have any sliders in any of my templates yet, but in essence it is the same thing only you press hold longer and then slide. There may be some timing tuning opportunities here as it really hasn't been exercised on a phone yet.

There were briefly sounds just for the button press feedback. I believe Fonceur is planning on adding some sound capability later.

-Ben

znelbok Wrote:I got my issue of only a partial screen worked out - I had loaded was created with an iphone resolution and the galaxy's resolution is much higher.
Good, though there were also some issues on my side until a few releases ago.

Quote:Button presses only work for long presses. Just tapping the scren the normal way does nothing at all.
Right, the long presses are sent to CQC, the ones shorter than 300 ms are used for navigation of bigger templates or assumed to be accidental press. With the registered version, you can bring that delay down to 0, if you don't plan on using larger templates with hidden navigation areas.

Quote:What about sound, I saw something briefly mentioned about sound somewhere (or was that the iphone thread?)
As batwater said, that was the original long press notification, but the beep didn't come out right, so I replaced it with the vibration.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 09-17-2010

Ahh good, at least there is not something wrong.

I don't like the long press, it does not work well, especially with sliders by the loos of it, but at least that is optional when licensed.

*** Tried to purchase, but your certificate has expired (16/9/2010)***

and you don't appear to sell to Australia :-), so cant enter details.

Please, just make it easy for me to buy, no forms, accounts or other bullshit, just make it easy. You don't need my phone number or address, gender, age or anything, name is sufficient (can you tell I am sick of all these sites that try to gather data for no reason).

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-17-2010

Hi Fonceur,

I am still getting the image download thread exceptions on .67. Some, very few, images get through, and only the small ones. Same templates work in winRIVA and iRIVA.

I really like the haptic feedback of the button press! That is one thing i wish we could have on the iphone...