Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-17-2010

Still no images under .66 :-(

Sent another log (well, you'll get two in quick succession because I just sent one with .65 efforts).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-17-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I tried making larger templates (larger than 480x856) and I can scroll properly.
Again, can you describe your "scroll"... Is that some hardware key or something? Unless the template is bigger than the screen, there is nothing to scroll...

Quote:I checked the CQC logs and this is what I see:
"An exception occured in the image download thread"
"No response Recieved (sic) to get message"
Sounds like the CQC thread crashed again, and that you'll need to restart the CQC server...

Quote:This is on v .65.
Actually, I am not sure that you are sending me the log of the latest versions. You seem to send the application in the background rather than actually killing it (back key and accept to close it), so you don't really relaunch the app but just bring it to the front...

Quote:Changing the image delay has no effect
Of course, since the CQC image thread was crashed... Wink Hopefully now that I am sending the proper message, the CQC image thread will stop crashing...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-17-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Version 0.66

- If available, the SD card is used for the image cache.

Yay! Works, thanks!!!

Does the clear cache clear phone memory and SD card (now that i have updated to .66)? Just want to make sure that phone memory has been flushed.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-17-2010

Exceptions in the threads on the server won't cause it to stop working, so that's not the problem. However, it may dump you off, so if you are keeping the image thread open for multiple requests, you need to check for loss of connection and reconnect if this happens. If the client does something bad enough to cause an exception, it will probably assume it's lost you or something got out of sync and you need to start the cycle over again. If you don't check for this, you'll keep trying to talk to a non-existent socket.

Dean Roddey Wrote:If the client does something bad enough to cause an exception, it will probably assume it's lost you or something got out of sync and you need to start the cycle over again. If you don't check for this, you'll keep trying to talk to a non-existent socket.
I am opening/closing the socket for each individual image, but on the CQc side the thread just isn't getting back in a proper state... I am sure that a restart of CQC will fix it, until it crashes again (which might no longer happen, now that I'm not sending an improper message that might have been crashing it).

Scroll = running fingers up/down or side/side in a flicking motion. The normal motion to scroll up/down or left/right on other applications.

I restarted the CQC service, but I still get the same errors regarding the images in the CQC log. Obviously I don't get images displayed in the RIVA client either.

I do "backout" of the RIVA client, using the back button. I get the "Are you sure you want to quit" popup, and I press "Yes" to exit. Perhaps I missed it once or twice on the logs I send you, but that is my standard MO for closing out the application.

batwater Wrote:Does the clear cache clear phone memory and SD card (now that i have updated to .66)? Just want to make sure that phone memory has been flushed.
Yes, I made sure to clear both. Wink

sic0048 Wrote:Scroll = running fingers up/down or side/side in a flicking motion.
OK, thought it might have been something more exotic.

Quote:I restarted the CQC service, but I still get the same errors regarding the images in the CQC log. Obviously I don't get images displayed in the RIVA client either.
OK, but can you see them with the your iPaq and the windows RIVA client?

Quote:Perhaps I missed it once or twice on the logs I send you, but that is my standard MO for closing out the application.
OK, none of those logs had the "Starting taRIVA .xy" and the rest of the initialization, they just had the app brought back to the front. You can always use the About screen to confirm the running version.

batwater Wrote:Does the clear cache clear phone memory and SD card (now that i have updated to .66)? Just want to make sure that phone memory has been flushed.
Oops, I am writing in the root of the SD card, and probably wiping the whole thing with the clear cache, so if you have data on it, wait for an update... Wink

Fonceur Wrote:OK, but can you see them with the your iPaq and the windows RIVA client?

Yes, I can see the graphics from the "DroidX" templates on my iPaq. Also, when I try to load the "iPaq" templates on the Droid, I don't get images either. So it seems to point to a DroidX hardware or Android RIVA software issue.