Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-16-2010

sic0048 Wrote:[Image: Riva_64_1.jpg]
OK, I can see that effect, now that I've bumped the requirement to Android OS 2.0 and used an emulator to match...

- The fonts were being rescaled, but I guess it was already taken care of somewhere else...

- The missing images might be due to your image thread having issues again or the phone not having a cache directory or such...

For the shrinkage, I can't reproduce that in the emulator, though maybe it's just the new build that fixed it...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-16-2010

Version 0.64

- Built against Android OS 2.0.
- Added image cache debugging text.
- No longer re-size fonts for screen with a height > 700 pixels.

In principle it should still run just fine for version of the Android OS >= 1.5...

The image download should produce a line like: "Cache directory = /data/data/tallus.android.riva/cache, true" in the log collector... Though I suspect it might not be the case for the phones that are failing to display the images...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 09-17-2010

I am not getting my to work very well.

Running V1.0 of Riva

The screen size is set to 800h x 480w.

When I start taRiva, the template loads, but only in a bit over 50% of the screen. The buttons do not respond either.

If I go back into the configuration, the screen width has changed to 800 and height is 480 - so they get swapped around. Putting them right makes no difference. Open the config again and they have changed back.

I created a new account and it does the same thing.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-17-2010

V .64 does fix the font scaling issue I was seeing. But I still don't get about 99% of the images. I do get the arrow images to show up on the DVD browser, but that is all. I haven't checked to see if you used actual images for those or whether they are a font (I've used both ways in templates before). Those are the only images that show up.

I can also touch the screen now without it shrinking/resizing. But if I try to scroll, the screen will shrink. Is this a side effect due to the fact that the screens don't fill the screen and so scrolling is a weird/invalid request in that case? I also just checked your template thread and verified that the template size is smaller than my screen resolution (384x544 vs. 480x854). So I'll modify your screens to be 480x854 or larger and see what that does to the resizing issue.

What should I set the "image delay" for on the information screen? It is currently set for 500ms. Would that effect the loading and displaying of images at all?

Thanks,

PS - the logs I sent this morning were still using version .63. I didn't see the update until after I sent the log.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-17-2010

znelbok Wrote:If I go back into the configuration, the screen width has changed to 800 and height is 480 - so they get swapped around.
Sounds like you set it up as a portrait mode but are viewing it in landscape, or I messed up the order in the code...

EDIT: OK, I did mess up the order, try version .65 and set the proper values of the template's size again.

sic0048 Wrote:V .64 does fix the font scaling issue I was seeing.
Good!

Quote:I do get the arrow images to show up on the DVD browser, but that is all.
Right, if you only allowed 500 ms for the images to download, it makes sense.

Quote:I can also touch the screen now without it shrinking/resizing.
Good!

Quote:But if I try to scroll, the screen will shrink.
Since the template is smaller than the screen size, there is nothing to scroll, so not sure what is happening there...

Quote:Is this a side effect due to the fact that the screens don't fill the screen and so scrolling is a weird/invalid request in that case?
How are you trying to scroll? Swiping your finger across the screen?

Quote:What should I set the "image delay" for on the information screen? It is currently set for 500ms. Would that effect the loading and displaying of images at all?
Of course if you put that delay too small for your network speed, you won't see any images on the initial load... The default 1000ms is a good starting point. As to why it didn't help at 10s before, maybe your internal memory was full, so it couldn't write anything to the cache folder or something.

Quote:PS - the logs I sent this morning were still using version .63. I didn't see the update until after I sent the log.
Right, I noticed that. Wink

Version 0.65

- Fix: Was not sending a proper "Return status" to the image connection.
- Fix: Height and Width were reversed for the RIVA 1.0 protocol.

SamVimes2 Wrote:I am also seeing lots of errors in the log, though it does connect:
[Image: tarivaerrors.png]
This should be fixed. I wasn't including the 0 length of the non existing optional message I wasn't appending to the message... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-17-2010

OK - I tried making larger templates (larger than 480x856) and I can scroll properly. The templates don't resize smaller when I scroll. So it must be a situation where you try to scroll on a template that is already smaller than your screen size.

I checked the CQC logs and this is what I see:
"An exception occured in the image download thread"
"No response Recieved (sic) to get message"

That error is repeated multiple times, so I suspect it happens everytime the RIVA client calls for an image.

This is on v .65. Changing the image delay has no effect (other than making the client really slow to load new templates and screens).

Version 0.66

- Modified the font rescaling to be skipped if either the height or width > 500.
- If available, the SD card is used for the image cache.