Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-15-2010

Version 0.60

- Fix: The image connection wrongly claimed more requests would be made.
- Added a sound when a Press last longer than the "Touch delay".

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-15-2010

Hi Fonceur,

First I really like the way the latest changes are heading, thank you! Wink

Button press vs swipe vs slider:
Here is the challenge I am having, with the latest changes it has become even more difficult to register a button press. What I believe is happening is that a "swipe" movement is being picked up by the client even though I am not trying to swipe but simply push a button thus a move (slider) command is being sent back to the server. So the challenge as I see it is how to clearly identify a swipe vs a button press vs a slide . As it stands I am getting maybe 5% response on button presses. I understand the time delay behavior its just not translating on my phone. Perhaps for slide the action can be a double tap and then a slide; thinking out loud here...

I have not found anywhere where I can adjust swipe sensitivity, nor am I inclined to change it as everything else on the phone works without any issue.

Audio feedback:
When I first exceeded the press threshold the beep sound that issued from my phone sounded like my alarm was having a fault, it was kinda funny, didn't make the connection right away. Later I had set the time delay to 0 as a test for the issue discussed above so every screen tap caused the same high pitched beep beep. As I said it was kind of funny up until my wife explained to me that she would hurt me if I didn't stop whatever was causing the noise. Guess it irritated her. Confusedhock: (I turned the media volume down rather than risk her ire) Can you make Haptic feedback an option instead of sound, much less intrusive?

Thanks!
-Ben

batwater Wrote:Here is the challenge I am having, with the latest changes it has become even more difficult to register a button press.
Hmm, maybe you're shaking too much and should cut down on the coffee? Wink I guess I need to ignore small initial movements...

Quote:Audio feedback
I just grabbed some "free Android sound", I couldn't find a click one... Wink

Quote:As I said it was kind of funny up until my wife explained to me that she would hurt me if I didn't stop whatever was causing the noise.
Maybe you have your sounds too high... Wink

Version 0.61

- Replaced the Press sound by the Haptic feedback of a keyboard tap.
- Initial movements of less than 10 pixels are ignored.

While you can fine tune the end of a movement, if all you want is a small movement, you might have to go passed the point and back...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-16-2010

Version 0.62

- Can select the Touch sensitivity from the Information screen (Registered user).
- Removed the debugging information about incoming/outgoing messages.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-16-2010

Hi Fonceur,

Fonceur Wrote:Hmm, maybe you're shaking too much and should cut down on the coffee? Wink I guess I need to ignore small initial movements...
No can do on the coffee, actually there was blood in my coffee stream, fixed that later... Thanks for the change!

Quote:Maybe you have your sounds too high... Wink
Yes it was

Haptic:
I am not able to trigger a haptic response at all. (it's turned on for the phone)

Button behavior:
After the 1st button press and subsequent expectged overlay load When I press a button for a different overlay I get the same overlay again (please wait dialog shows.) A 2nd press will the overlay associated with that button will load.

Button press delay:
What affects the response time for a button press to register as a button press. From a UI responsiveness perspective it seems far longer then how Android behaves directly in the UI; perhaps others could weigh in on their experience with this? I know we must find a happy balance or can this too be adjustable?

Wiki has definitions of each of the parameters!

Thanks!!!
-Ben

batwater Wrote:I am not able to trigger a haptic response at all.
I guess I'll need to make a version where you can test the various one...

Quote:After the 1st button press and subsequent expectged overlay load When I press a button for a different overlay I get the same overlay again (please wait dialog shows.) A 2nd press will the overlay associated with that button will load.
Maybe there's a problem and it uses the previous one or something odd like that.

Quote:What affects the response time for a button press to register as a button press.
That's the Touch delay parameter...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-16-2010

Alright, I've gotten my RIVA issues sorted to where I can connect again via the android client, but my templates don't seem to work as others as.

Here is what the template looks like when I first load it (Fonceur's templates). There are not images being loaded and this is over my LAN connection at home, so speed is not an issue here.

[Image: Riva_64_1.jpg]

If I press on the screen, it gets even worse with the screen shrinking even smaller.....

[Image: Riva_64_2.jpg]

This is on a DroidX running Froyo (2.2). Under the information screen, it shows this.
[Image: Riva_64_3.jpg]

Can you restart the app to get on the first image, hit menu and information, hopefully that won't be rescaling just yet... Also if you could send me a log please. The emulator won't allow me to try those higher resolution, as it has hardcoded limited available memory for the video buffer.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-16-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Can you restart the app to get on the first image, hit menu and information, hopefully that won't be rescaling just yet....

It says resolution = 480x854
[480x854]
(384x544)