Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-14-2010

Version 0.55

- Bumped the requirement to Android OS 1.6.
- Improved the support for higher resolution screens.

Version 0.56

- Fix: Removed the logoff message from the image download thread.
- Added a higher resolution default image.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-14-2010

First, Fonceur, excellent work on the Android client for CQC!!!

For those that haven't done so, DropBox is by far the easiest way to get updates to the taRIVA and taSageTV clients on your phone!

Patiently waiting for key to arrive... :-)

Again, thank you for your hard work!

-Ben

Version 0.57

- Fix: Did not properly handle the position when templates were shorter than the screen.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-15-2010

Version 0.58

- Can select the delay to wait for images from the Information screen (Registered user).

By default, each image to be drawn is given one second to finish downloading (checked every 100 ms), from the previous drawing command, then the next command is processed. With small images and a good signal, this is plenty and of course once the images are in the cache, then it's not an issue. On a bad signal, it might not be enough, so you would end up with missing images (they do get fully downloaded, just not in time to be displayed). Now Registered users can adjust that delay between 0 and 10 seconds... So if you want to use large images for your media art browser and don't mind waiting 10 seconds per image, now you can... Wink

Version 0.59

- Can select the Touch delay from the Information screen (Registered user).

Basically this parameter determines if a touch should be sent to the CQC RIVA server or if it was meant for taRIVA. It also prevents accidental button click when swiping.

By default it is set for 300 ms, so if the initial touch last for less than 300 ms, it is assumed that you either didn't really mean it or if it is followed by a move, that you wanted to perform a swipe.

If you press for more than 300 ms, on release the Press/Release will be sent, or if you started to move after that initial 300 ms, the Move command will be sent to the CQC RIVA Server (i.e. using a slider).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-15-2010

Hi Fonceur,

I paid to register on the Tallus site; how do I get my key?

Using .59 (i guess in unregistered mode?) I no longer have the shakes, but smaller templates are being 'shrunk'. Also I still do not get all images and have tons of exceptions in the image download thread in the CQC logs.

SamVimes2 Wrote:I paid to register on the Tallus site; how do I get my key?
If you included the Phone's Android ID, you should be receiving it by email tonight (Tallus' owner seems busy with work lately).

Quote:but smaller templates are being 'shrunk'.
Are they really shrunk or just using the proper portion of the screen? That is, a 320x480 template won't fill a 480x800 screen...

Quote:Also I still do not get all images
Are those big images, which actually show up the next time the template is loaded?

Quote:and have tons of exceptions in the image download thread in the CQC logs.
Right, probably because I was sending a command saying I'd request more images, and then closed the connection... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-15-2010

-Where was I to include the Android ID? I don't believe I did.
-They are really shrunk. They start out the right proportion of the screen, then shrink on first touch.
-They are not necessarily big images, and they do not show up next time.
-Are you suggesting this behavior is by design?

SamVimes2 Wrote:-Where was I to include the Android ID? I don't believe I did.
From the wiki: "Purchase TARiva Here and make sure to email your Android's ID (after you install the application on the Android device and go to the Registration window) for licensing. " I think you are supposed to include it in the "Special Instructions" section.

Quote:-They are really shrunk. They start out the right proportion of the screen, then shrink on first touch.
Hmm, might not be using the right size somewhere.

Quote:-They are not necessarily big images, and they do not show up next time.
I guess it might have been due to the image thread issue...

Quote:-Are you suggesting this behavior is by design?
Which part?