Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-14-2010

Perhaps that explains why I get the jittery screen when I scroll.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-14-2010

It's an HTC Desire with 480x800 resolution. taRIVA reports it as 320x533.

Fonceur Wrote:As for the fuzzy text, I guess Android doesn't scale fonts properly for all sizes...

I think this is related to the misreporting and resulting scaling of his resolution - I see something similar on mine.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-14-2010

Version 0.54

- Fix: Deleting the first Profile was bad.
- The orientation lock and multiple Profiles now require a valid Registration.
- Try to discover the screen resolution through DisplayMetrics.

On the Information screen, you will now se a third resolution displayed in [], see if that method is more accurate. It is not actually used in the app, until I figure one more accurate than my current solution... Wink

If you have multiple Profiles already defined on an unregistered copy, it won't delete them, but you won't be able to add more. While you can display them and possibly edit them, it will still only connect to the first profile.

SamVimes2 Wrote:I think this is related to the misreporting and resulting scaling of his resolution - I see something similar on mine.
Right, that did cross my mind after I posted, though I wasn't sure if he had misreporting issues, which indeed he does. Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-14-2010

Loaded .54. Still cannot connect. I've sent another log. Here is the CQC log where you can see that the connection is attempted, but errors out for some reason.
[Image: RIVAerror1.png]

Also, the directions from the receipt said to download the app from the web site. I don't get a good file when I do this (ie it cannot be opened and installed).

.54 shows [320x533] ie that method has the same problem.

I am also seeing lots of errors in the log, though it does connect:
[Image: tarivaerrors.png]

And the window/iphone RIVA clients don't generate those errors?

EDIT: Actually, it might just be that I'm sending a LOGOFF message to it on disconnect and the image thread doesn't like it...

Quick google found this, looks like you need to explicitly support multiple resolutions , or Android will get smart and try and scale things for you:

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html
Quote:Auto-scaling of pixel dimensions and coordinates
For instance, suppose a given device is using a WVGA high-denisty screen, which is 480x800 and about the same size as a traditional HVGA screen, but it's running an app that states that it does not support multiple densities. In this case, the system will "lie" to the application when it queries for screen dimensions, and report 320x533. Then, when the app does drawing operations, such as invalidating the rectangle from (10,10) to (100, 100), the system will likewise automatically transform the coordinates by scaling them the appropriate amount, and actually invalidate the region (15,15) to (150, 150). The same thing happens in the other direction, if the application is running on a lower-density screen, coordinates are scaled down.

Interesting, so the hardware is lying to the software... Wink The only thing is that I was targeting Android 1.5 so it would work on the cheap Chinese tablets, while multiple resolutions was only introduced in 1.6.

So I will bump the Android OS requirement to 1.6, unless someone really wants/needs 1.5...