Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-09-2010

Oh, OK. I'll check that. I did test them at first, but I've only used left to right or bottom to top since then myself, so I might not have noticed it. I need to do a test template for the progress bar really.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-11-2010

Version 0.50

- Fix: Make sure not to use a deleted profile.
- Re-enabled DrawLine.
- Replaced some paint.setARGB by paint.setColor.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-12-2010

This is a functional design question on the configuration settings:

I set up a new account, neglected to select v2 on the RIVA protocol setting. I can change the setting and apply and the template loads properly using v2 but when I exit and reenter the protocol config change has not been applied to that account.

I think it makes sense to save whatever the current client settings are when the apply button is pressed. Either that or an additional update button will need to be added otherwise users will be forced to add a new account and then delete the old one in order change or correct settings.

Thanks!
-Ben

I have noticed when I have a slower cellular connection and I go into the config menu the please wait message box takes over focus and the config dialog is no longer accessible. This primarily occurs on templates with a lot of fields like my alarm panel status. The other thing that occurs on this same type of template is that the please wait message flashes in and out rapidly (I know this is for debugging and to indicate that there is I/O happening) making it very challenging to make any config changes.

This is a philosophical design question:

It is desirable for the template that is loaded to continue interacting with the server but I am wondering (presuming this is possible) if it makes more sense to quiesce I/O with the server when making config changes? Either that or not allow the config dialog to loose focus. It is possible that the user may just be going into the config to check something but not really making any changes.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-12-2010

batwater Wrote:I set up a new account, neglected to select v2 on the RIVA protocol setting.
Technically, the RIVA version applies to all, it's not on a per Profile basis. One possibility is that with the recent changes, I might not be loading/saving it properly, so I'll double check.

batwater Wrote:I have noticed when I have a slower cellular connection and I go into the config menu the please wait message box takes over focus and the config dialog is no longer accessible.
Right, I had to use some work around so it wouldn't crash in those cases, which has side effects. Having the progress bar and a dialog at the same time is a bad idea.

As for your big template with its 50 dynamic fields, I'd suggest breaking it down into multiple smaller ones, with a navigation layer... Wink

Quote:It is desirable for the template that is loaded to continue interacting with the server but I am wondering
I see a few possibilities:

1) Replace the "Please wait" by something less intrusive.

2) Block the update queue while a dialog (i.e. config) is up.

3) Replace the dialog (as overlay) by their own individual page.

Version 0.51

- Fix: Protocol version was never updated...

Benefit of having dropbox loaded on my laptop, I knew a new version had just been dropped :-)

Thanks!

Fonceur Wrote:Right, I had to use some work around so it wouldn't crash in those cases, which has side effects. Having the progress bar and a dialog at the same time is a bad idea.

Quote:As for your big template with its 50 dynamic fields, I'd suggest breaking it down into multiple smaller ones, with a navigation layer... Wink

Already working on, testing extremes with the current one ;-)
Quote:I see a few possibilities:

1) Replace the "Please wait" by something less intrusive.

2) Block the update queue while a dialog (i.e. config) is up.

3) Replace the dialog (as overlay) by their own individual page.
Hmmm, option 3 might be the cleanest, anyone else testing the client have thoughts on this? I also would like to see a less intrusive method of indicating I/O activity but I also see that as a lower priority.

-Ben

Version 0.52

- Keep the current's templates images in memory.
- Close the Info screen after pressing the Clear cache button.
- Open/close the TCP connection for each individual image.