Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-09-2010

Yeh, the list will reset itself. It's not a list in the sense that the typical local list box in a program is. It's just displaying the contents of a field. If the field value changes, it doesn't know if it changed because a single item was added or if the whole thing was changed. So it just reloads and goes back to the start.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - jkish - 09-09-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, the list will reset itself. It's not a list in the sense that the typical local list box in a program is. It's just displaying the contents of a field. If the field value changes, it doesn't know if it changed because a single item was added or if the whole thing was changed. So it just reloads and goes back to the start.

Maybe it could be a little smart...

Like if the field source is the same and the number of items is still >= the old view index + list size, then don't change the view index.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - jrlewis - 09-09-2010

Any way to signal so you could use a separate fieldwrite for the stringlist? One that signals the widget should be "reset" and set its index to 0 and one that just updates the field, but doesn't cause any linked widget to change its current index.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-09-2010

I'm trying to replicate the effect of the progress bar, but using a linear gradient between light gray and red, I sure don't get the same effect... Wink

Based on the IV, it's like color 2 (red) is used for 60% and there's a gradient for the initial 40%, but even then it's more like orange, there's no gray in there...

The best compromise I got was by using the linear gradient on 50% of the image...

[Image: TaRIVA_Template_weather.jpg]

How are you going about doing all the image processing and whatnot?

Actually, I think the fill from bottom to top and right to left are busted in the IV itself, as trying the 2 other orientations do give a proper gradient in the IV...

EDIT: Actually, even the other orders are not quite right...

If you do top (white) to bottom (red) at 65%, the gradient will be spread from 0 to 100%. So it stops pinkish...

If you do bottom (white) to top (red) at 65%, the gradient will be spread from 0 to 20% at the bottom, using the 80-100% red, with the 20 - 65% using the 100% red.

The horizontal results are similar...

Dean Roddey Wrote:How are you going about doing all the image processing and whatnot?
It's a simple alpha level extraction, refilled using a linear gradient for the painting brush.

Code:
Shader shader = new LinearGradient(0, height, 0, 0, c1, c2, mode);
Paint paint = new Paint();
paint.setShader(shader);
final Bitmap extracted = bitmap.extractAlpha();
canvas.drawBitmap(extracted, src, dst, paint);

Version 0.49

- Implemented the remaining fill orders of the Progress bar.

Version 0.48

- Fix: Progress bar will no longer crash the application.
- Implemented the vertical progress bar, filling from bottom to top.

I think that maybe the issue on the fill is that perhaps you are doing the gradient for the whole size, instead of just the size of the actual fill bar image?

Dean Roddey Wrote:I think that maybe the issue on the fill is that perhaps you are doing the gradient for the whole size, instead of just the size of the actual fill bar image?
As I said, the problem isn't on my side, it's just that the IV isn't showing it properly, which is why I wasn't able to replicate it... Wink If you want to convince yourself, just use a progress bar with a gradient from white to red, then try the 4 orders. You would expect the top to bottom (left to right) to be mirrored of bottom to top (right to left), but they're not in the CQC IV... Wink