Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-08-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Currently, if you want to swipe across, there is a Press and Release sent to the server... So if you happen to hit a button, that can be bad. Wink

What I propose is to only send the Press/Release for a "long press", assuming I get access to that somewhere...

What about multi touch, eg 2 fingers for a swipe message vs. long press? This is distinctly different from a press. Although a long press more likely ensures that the button press was intentional.

Might want to reserve the multi touch option(s) for special triggers...

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-08-2010

batwater Wrote:Was there an issue with .47, drop box has .46?
Er, what was wrong is that it was late, and I don't let DropBox running by default... Wink It's there now.

Fonceur Wrote:Version 0.47

- Wait up to 1 second per image download.
- Added a "Loading. Please wait..." between the Start/End operations.

So now you should be able to see the images from a Media Browser, assuming you are using the small images option and have a decent speed. The actual connection will not display the wait dialog, only once it starts processing the Start_Draw...
Media browser images now show up, yay!

The Loading. Please wait.. is appreciated but extremely annoying as it is showing up constantly and is actually flashing fairly regularly if briefly in the background. For example test template #8 with all of the alarm status images, this flashes almost constantly. For the media browser it shows up for every image loaded.

Perhaps as a compromise there could be a very small indicator in a corner that indicates I/O life?

Thanks!!!
-Ben

batwater Wrote:The Loading. Please wait.. is appreciated but extremely annoying as it is showing up constantly and is actually flashing fairly regularly if briefly in the background.
Right, as I said, every Start/End blocks are generating it, so if something on a template changes rapidly (like the time) you do get a lot of redraws. It was mostly so people could get a feel for what was going on, instead of having people try to connect to the server when there's already a connection going on...

I do want something less intrusive and more accurate, but that's what I have found so far... Wink

Agree completely,it is very helpful to see what is happening. I do like the status indicator! Hopefully you can find a little blinky of some sort.

The other issue that is happening is on #8 the scroll list index is getting reset back to the beginning when trying to scroll now.

-Ben

batwater Wrote:The other issue that is happening is on #8 the scroll list index is getting reset back to the beginning when trying to scroll now.
Mind elaborating? Everything seems to be working fine on it.. I click the up/down/top/bottom arrows and they work as they should, or do you mean something else by "scroll"?

Sorry, I mean the up and down arrows. The list is getting reset back to the beginning, not every time, but fairly consistently when the buttons are pressed.
-Ben

Edit,

Appears to happen when I press when the please wait dialog is on screen

batwater Wrote:Sorry, I mean the up and down arrows. The list is getting reset back to the beginning, not every time, but fairly consistently when the buttons are pressed.
Still not seeing it... Maybe some data are being added on the list which resets it?

batwater Wrote:Appears to happen when I press when the please wait dialog is on screen
Well, if the dialog is on screen, that means it's already redrawing, possibly because the list has changed...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-09-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Still not seeing it... Maybe some data are being added on the list which resets it?

I think I have figured out what was happening but Dean I need you to validate text list box behavior.

If I am scrolling a text list and that list is updated will the list reset itself to the beginning if there is an active scroll request in progress (in this case via RIVA)?

I believe what was happening when I was testing yesterday was 2 things in combination that was causing what I was seeing: 1) slower cellular network connection, 2) alarm panel reporting back zone messages while I was trying to scroll the zone message list box.

Thanks
-Ben