Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-06-2010

In the information screen, is the "X x Y (Z x W)" supposed to represent "device res (template res)"? If so my device res is not being read correctly.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-06-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:In the information screen, is the "X x Y (Z x W)" supposed to represent "device res (template res)"? If so my device res is not being read correctly.
Indeed, which is what I'm saying... Wink If you rotate the phone and check the resolution again, what does it say?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-06-2010

It says 533x320. I'm also not getting images, no matter how long I let it sit or how many times I close and reopen (though I did have working images in .42)

OK, going to need some log collector report(s) then...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-06-2010

I see the shaking issue when in landscape mode, but not in normal orientation. I am using a 480x854 template.

I also don't get any images and cannot get a cover art browser to show any cover art.

sic0048 Wrote:I see the shaking issue when in landscape mode, but not in normal orientation. I am using a 480x854 template.
What is the reported resolution on the Information screen, and what is the actual resolution of your phone?

Quote:I also don't get any images and cannot get a cover art browser to show any cover art.
Are you using the small images for the browser? Do you at least get the navigation images? If you reload the app with the same page, do you see those images?

If you could send me the result from Log Collector, I can have a look...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-06-2010

I get images when my signal strength is really good but so so when I have poor reception. I'm on Sprint which is very tolerant of low signal strength and still having data flow with other apps. I'm wondering whether this is caused by file I/O time outs?

I have a MyMovies repo template, system generated at 320x480, that I can browse, however as it stands, you have to page forward to the next page (next page is also blank) and then back,then the images show up. This is a known issue.

What type of connection are you using for your testing, cellular or WiFi?

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-07-2010

Version 0.47

- Wait up to 1 second per image download.
- Added a "Loading. Please wait..." between the Start/End operations.

So now you should be able to see the images from a Media Browser, assuming you are using the small images option and have a decent speed. The actual connection will not display the wait dialog, only once it starts processing the Start_Draw...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-07-2010

Currently, if you want to swipe across, there is a Press and Release sent to the server... So if you happen to hit a button, that can be bad. Wink

What I propose is to only send the Press/Release for a "long press", assuming I get access to that somewhere...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-08-2010

Was there an issue with .47, drop box has .46?
-Ben