Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-05-2010

Version 0.44

- Added support for multiple Username/Hostname combos.

Obviously you can use different passwords for each... The protocol version is assumed to be the same, though if you are using protocol 1.0, you can pick individual resolutions.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-06-2010

Version 0.45

- Fix: On launch always used the first Profile.
- Fix: Would crash switching profiles if the first was not connected.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SamVimes2 - 09-06-2010

Hi Fonceur,

I got the drop box set up; you're right that its very easy that way.

After installing .45, I see that it still has the "shakes," even on the opening splash screen. Is that intended?

Version 0.46

- Fix: Was sending the wrong X coordinate with Press/Release.

Basically if you had a template that was wider than your phone, any tap passed the initial view was off...

Still does crazy shakes on the opening splash screen. (But I'm super impressed at turnaround time!)

SamVimes2 Wrote:After installing .45, I see that it still has the "shakes," even on the opening splash screen. Is that intended?
I'm still not sure of what you are describing... It sounds like you are swiping (thus updating the screen) while you are still receiving data to update the screen, which indeed is a bit of a problem...

1) launch the app
2) see cqc image splash screen
3) touch the screen
4) see it shake wildly and distort
5) pick a profile and connect
6) touch the screen
7) see it shake wildly and distort

Also there are no images in this one (they had been working in .42).

I am testing with my iPod templates which are 320x480 but on my information screen it says that the resolution is "320x533 (320x480)". The device is 480x800, yet the templates seem to be stretching to fill the screen. Is that intended?

SamVimes2 Wrote:1) launch the app
2) see cqc image splash screen
3) touch the screen
4) see it shake wildly and distort
If the last profile is valid, you are already in the process of updating the screen, and then force more redraws as you touch the screen... It's kinda like if you have a printer that's printing something and you decide to pull the paper because it's not going fast enough... Wink

Quote:5) pick a profile and connect
6) touch the screen
7) see it shake wildly and distort
Again, once you've picked a Profile, you are loading it, so by touching the screen you are performing more redraws...

Of course if there was an indication that something is going on, you might not be tempted/abled to do other things at the same time... Wink

SamVimes2 Wrote:Also there are no images in this one (they had been working in .42).
Probably just a caching issue, they should be there if you reload.

Quote:I am testing with my iPod templates which are 320x480 but on my information screen it says that the resolution is "320x533 (320x480)". The device is 480x800, yet the templates seem to be stretching to fill the screen. Is that intended?
Hmm, the template is correctly reported as (320x480). Now if it reports 320x533, and rescale to 480x800, that might explain the shake and stretch, as it seem the resolution is not always reported as the same, or it somehow switches to a different graphic mode or something...