Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 08-19-2010

I don't know what it would take to impliment, but I can see the desire to lock the screen from rotating too. I'd like to see it as a user defined option.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-19-2010

I got the screen orientation lock to work. So now I guess you're going to want it to be persistent between restart... Wink

EDIT: Turns out it was easy enough to make it persistent... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-19-2010

easier than convincing you

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-19-2010

znelbok Wrote:easier than convincing you
Indeed! Wink I was sure that I would have had to do some complex stuff but it turned out it was just a question of setting a value, and Android take cares of everything else... Wink

Since the forum doesn't allow files the size of the .apk, and since it takes time for them to show up on the wiki, you can grab them from DropBox. If you don't already have a DropBox account, use the referral (we both get an extra 250Mb or so):

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQwODI5NTk

Then send me a pm with the email address you used, so I can share a folder with you. You can even install an Android DropBox app to get direct access through your phone.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-21-2010

As far as I can tell, the issue with the images is due to trying to read more than 2k bytes, when they are not already in the buffer. With some loop and possibly some delay, I can hopefully get a work around.

[Image: TaRIVA_Template_4.jpg]

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 08-21-2010

Just an FYI: On her 38, I have a a single button on my template. The graphic doesn't appear until I touch where the text is. When I do that the button graphic appears.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-22-2010

sic0048 Wrote:Just an FYI: On her 38, I have a a single button on my template. The graphic doesn't appear until I touch where the text is. When I do that the button graphic appears.
Right, the download of the images happens at the same time as the drawing of the UI, so you pretty much need to pre-fill the image cache, unless the images are small enough.

I tried delaying the UI drawing when an image is still downloading, but it tends to crash due to simultaneous access of the database (which can also happen the first time the template with images is loaded). Hopefully I can modify my database access and resolve the issue.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-22-2010

Version .39 has a slight improvement for the image saving and is less likely to crash during loading, due to the database access...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-23-2010

So Broconne is the one that did most of the inputstream reading routine, dealing with the big/small endian stuff and all. So that when you read an unsign short, which is coming as 2 bytes, you basically get:

AC 00 --> 00AC = 172
AC 01 --> 01AC = 428

So if now you want to read a short coming as 2 bytes, could someone fill in the ???:

AC 00 --> 00AC = 172
AC 01 --> ??? = ???

I would guess it's -172 or maybe even (172 - 256) = -84, but... Wink

EDIT: Er, I guess it's more complex than that... Wink

EDIT2: While I'm still not sure how a negative short would be handled, "AC 01" would be the same for signed/unsigned short, the problem I thought I had is somewhere else... Wink I had an error in my log printing, so shorts looked odd.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-23-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:Ultimately the clients have to just try to be clever about choosing fonts that are close to the ones chosen. Given all the font formats and all that, trying to download them would get into a lot of complexity that I would rather avoid. If more font metrics are necessary to allow good selection, then that's something we can provide.
As far as I can tell, the Android devices only come with the Droid fonts, in the following flavors:

* Droid Sans (regular, bold)
* Droid Sans Mono (regular, bold)
* Droid Serif (regular, italic, bold, bold italic)

Everything else gets replaced by one of those.

Eventually, I might be able to include some kind of extra fonts support through the SD card or such, but don't hold your breath, and just design your templates in consequence... Wink