Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-15-2010

OK, so 1/5/6/7/8 are fine, though the fonts on 7 seems a bit bigger...

From what I can see, it writes the text left, right or centered on the initial point... Not quite what I was expecting, but easy enough to adapt... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-15-2010

The justification stuff get's pretty complex when blurs and such are involved. I can send you my code that does those calculations if you want. Just e-mail me.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 08-16-2010

.29 is a vast improvement for proper text placement!

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-16-2010

znelbok Wrote:Only running 3.0.3, otherwise everything else is there.
OK, you can try version .30 (once it's up on the wiki), by default it now uses the RIVA protocol 1.0. You will need to specify the width and height of the template, as that's only available in 2.0.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 08-16-2010

Hi Fonceur,

Tested a template pop-up with .30, mostly works, text more improved, great progress, thanks for your hard work!!! I've updated template 10 Times NR to be italic, it shows up italics on my Hero. Must be Ariel on droid for some reason.

Dean are fonts downloaded to the client via RIVA protocol or is it dependent on what is installed on the device?

-Ben

batwater Wrote:Dean are fonts downloaded to the client via RIVA protocol or is it dependent on what is installed on the device?
The iPhone RIVA client will download some missing fonts, but that's not part of the protocol. Wink All I get is the name of the font and other parameters to use with the text.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-16-2010

Yeh, it would be pretty crazy to try to do that. Ultimately the clients have to just try to be clever about choosing fonts that are close to the ones chosen. Given all the font formats and all that, trying to download them would get into a lot of complexity that I would rather avoid. If more font metrics are necessary to allow good selection, then that's something we can provide.

Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, basically so. It should be just the raw image file contents.
OK, I found the issue. I wasn't reading the unsigned integer left over from the length of error text... Did I mention how much I hate that optional "length of text" + text not part of the structure? Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-17-2010

Fonceur Wrote:OK, you can try version .30 (once it's up on the wiki), by default it now uses the RIVA protocol 1.0. You will need to specify the width and height of the template, as that's only available in 2.0.

Excellent

Installed it this morning and it works with caveats.

The interface was build in portrait but I had the phone in Landscape when I started the app. it showed the screen fine (top portion) but when I rotated the phone it rotated the image, but did not display the lower portion, it was just blank.

I then added a command button to the page and the text displayed and then the image displayed after I pressed it. It executed the comamnd fine (load a new page).

I have just been loading my iphone templates and had these issues.

One of my [iPhone] templates is twice the width of the screen so I can scroll left and right, this would not load up at all (proabably a CQC version thing) and the app would fail and request a force close.

The background was just black, and not the grey / white belnd that I use (I dont use an image becuase I want it to be fast).

Images on command buttons would just show after being pressed - it could be just me being impaitent and they are not loading fast enough.

Comments/questions
Can we hide the password in the config page?
Can we add sounds so that a click can be heard when a button is pressed?
Not trying to make this an iPhone app, but how many of the option in the iPhone app are do-able here in the taRiva app?

As it stands right now its a working example that I could get by with. Might not be the prettiest - so well done on this.

Keep up the great work

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-17-2010

znelbok Wrote:The interface was build in portrait but I had the phone in Landscape when I started the app. it showed the screen fine (top portion) but when I rotated the phone it rotated the image, but did not display the lower portion, it was just blank.
And you could not swipe to reach the extra area?

Quote:One of my [iPhone] templates is twice the width of the screen so I can scroll left and right, this would not load up at all (proabably a CQC version thing) and the app would fail and request a force close.
Did you update the width and height on the configuration, since you are using the RIVA 1.0 protocol which doesn't provide those info... I guess the iPhone app might be rescaling on the initial FillArea with black or such... Also I haven't implemented all the commands yet, so it's very possible that the template made use of something undefined yet, which crashed the app... Wink

Quote:Images on command buttons would just show after being pressed - it could be just me being impaitent and they are not loading fast enough.
Actually, if the images haven't been downloaded by the time the drawing is going on, they just won't show until something forces a refresh, like that press. I guess I could delay the UI update until the images are downloaded and ready to display or such... OTOH, once they are in the cache, it should be fine for the next time. Wink

Quote:Can we hide the password in the config page?
Yeah, I probably should not populate that field, it just makes the current testing easier. Wink

Quote:Can we add sounds so that a click can be heard when a button is pressed?
There is no buttons defined as such, which means every press, anywhere on the screen would do that, making it pointless...

Quote:Not trying to make this an iPhone app, but how many of the option in the iPhone app are do-able here in the taRiva app?
Well, I don't have the iPhone app, so not sure what it all does, though I guess that now that the basic is working, I could snoop a bit... Wink