Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 08-15-2010

Greetings,

batwater and family has returned from a fun filled Caribbean vacation cruise and is now back from my brief hiatus (international cell rates are insane and no internet connection for a whole week, didn't die either Confusedhock: )

On the SD card dialog, my vote is make it configurable. On my HTC Hero I will need to utilize the SD card as the main memory is a little more limited. My phone is already crabbing at me that it is nearly out of memory and I don't have a lot of stuff loaded. Amazing what 9 months can do to the android phone hardware, went from top of phone pile to lower middle in capability, sigh...

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-15-2010

batwater Wrote:On the SD card dialog, my vote is make it configurable.
Currently, I am using the application's cache directory, which uses the internal storage, but Android can clear it if it runs out of room. Adding an option to use the SD card should not be a problem.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-15-2010

The buffer is literally just the file contents of the graphics file. So, if it's a PNG file for instance, it's literally just the PNG file read into memory.

OK, so you are basically just doing something like:

byte[] byteArray = image.getBytes();

So once batwater sends me the PNG files, I can do the same on my side and should get the same byteArray, or at least figure out the differences between both...

Yeh, basically so. It should be just the raw image file contents.

For the images in template 4 I am using stock system images, specifically Buttons\Gel\Long Green, Long Purple for the pressed state, and Long Red. They are in the system image repo; I've sent the specific CQC files via email. Don't know if you can do anything with them...

-Ben

Those files are not the raw image files, so they won't tell you much. Those contain the raw image data, but they also contain other info.

Fonceur,

Text template is available on account 10 for your testing. I've included the field label # in the text on the template. Attached are screen shots of the 320x480 template and the Pallet Widget as well as the actual template.

Note, the static text boxes started out in order, that is the screen placement matched the Widget Pallet, as I added and shifted, the order was lost.

For font placement, H= horizontal, V=vertical, C=Center, R=Right, L, T, B, etc. There are other attributes to set but this is a good start, once these are knocked out, we can modify to include the fancier stuff.

edit: template and screen shot updated to fix typos, sorry. :oops:

-Ben

For 05/06 you have a mismatch left justify/H:R... Wink

I've fixed the bold text (misread how it worked). The italic isn't working, might be specific to the font used... I've implemented some vertical justification that seems to work fine.

As for the horizontal justification, there's something weird going on, like it's getting an offset somewhere.

Doh, copy and paste, foiled again, missed 07 also, fixed on test template. .28 verified on Hero, bold and vertical justification behaving as expected. Original attachments updated.

On the horizontal text offset, left, right, center, seems like the left origin of the text box might not be taken into account, don't know how it works, just thinking out loud...

-Ben