Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 03-18-2013

I loaded 1.23 from Google Play. I noticed that the phone menu button no longer works, but I guess the long press gets the menu bar so you can select settings, etc that way. It seems much faster. This is on 4G. My wireless is not the most reliable with staying connected.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-18-2013

Dean Roddey Wrote:The new RIVA scheme I've thrown out there for discussion could help in this respect, since in that scheme the RIVA client would know if you touched something clickable or not and could respond accordingly, so a press on a non-clickable area could be an unambiguous swipe, while a press on something clickable would always be a click.

Currently the RIVA client doesn't have that knowledge.

I would certainly vote that it is time to move forward with the Riva Spec, at the risk of breaking some existing stuff. I think that if you do not move forward, you may get run over. :roll:

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-18-2013

kayemsi Wrote:I noticed that the phone menu button no longer works
Right, the issue is that since Android 3.0 some devices have stopped having hardware buttons and some event stopped having the menu button too. Which could lead to cases where people could not reach the Settings anymore. But now that you bring this up, I can probably intercept that press and use it to show title bar, getting the best of both worlds... Wink

EDIT: The version 1.25 in DropBox has that functionality. I'll probably wait for a few more tweaks before pushing to Google Play...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-18-2013

DaveB Wrote:I use the same interface in landscape as in portrait the buttons act strange in portrait.
As a reminder, the default 300ms can be adjusted from the Information screen, it's labelled "Touch delay". You can even set it to 0 if you don't plan to swipe to access the hidden part of the template.

I don't remember the exact reason, but I think that some of the stuff I use wasn't compatible with gestures, so handling individual touches was a bit tricky/messy and lead to that tradeoff... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-10-2013

If anyone had issues with 4G/LTE connections, try the version in DropBox (linked in the first post).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-11-2013

Version 1.26

- Fix: was not handling 4G/LTE connection status properly.

Version 1.25

- Pressing the Menu/Option button now brings up the Action bar.
- The Status icon now allows for faster reconnection.

Version 1.24

- Fix: Pressing a "Special action" button would crash.
- Started to add placeholders for unsupported RIVA messages.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - ghurty - 05-26-2013

Is there a video of the tariva in action?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-26-2013

ghurty Wrote:Is there a video of the tariva in action?
No, since I don't use CQC and the simple templates that batwater created for my tests are pretty much static... Wink

But the first post has a link to the apk for a version which requires registration, so the trial mode would be a good indicator of how the version on Google Play would work...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 05-26-2013

Fonceur Wrote:No, since I don't use CQC and the simple templates that batwater created for my tests are pretty much static... Wink

But the first post has a link to the apk for a version which requires registration, so the trial mode would be a good indicator of how the version on Google Play would work...

I'll look at doing a demo video. I need to update my phone templates to adjust for the changes in the title bar size first.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Chad - 06-08-2013

How do I check to see if I have a RIVA server running as well as configure a RIVA account and associate a default template. I have paid $20 for the TaRiva software b/c I didn't want to go through another path getting a trial version. If I don't go with CQC then I assume I'll get a refund.

Please advise on the configuration questions. Thank you.