Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-14-2010

latest log file.
taRIVA was started at 7:22 and forced to close at 7:23

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-14-2010

znelbok Wrote:latest log file.
Seems like you are touching the screen without being connected, and it doesn't like that or such...

Well it just sits there and shows the CQC screen nothing else - didn't notice that touching was causing a problem.

The user account is set-up to show some simple text only as the default screen, so for some reason it is not loading that screen

znelbok Wrote:Well it just sits there and shows the CQC screen nothing else - didn't notice that touching was causing a problem.
Yeah, it's not supposed to try to send anything when it's not connected, but something isn't working there... Wink As for why it's not connecting, you do have a RIVA server (> 3.3) running on 192.168.0.2 with port 13516/13517 opened in the firewall right? Could you check if the CQC log says anything?

Dean Roddey Wrote:So you have to do a little poking around in the buffer to look for well known indicators of the file format and decode it appropriately.
I was under the impression that it handled it automatically, but can't hurt to double check... Wink

Fonceur Wrote:As for why it's not connecting, you do have a RIVA server (> 3.3)

Only running 3.0.3, otherwise everything else is there. I currently use the RIVA server with the iPhone.

Sorry for wasting your time. I should have read the page better. I assumed that because I was already using the RIVA server that this one would work as well.

Wont be upgrading for a while either as I dont have the money.

znelbok Wrote:Wont be upgrading for a while either as I dont have the money.
I can look into using the 1.0 protocol too, I just need to figure out what to do without the initial New_Template message that was giving me the width and height... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-14-2010

You could always let them configure a size that only's only overridden if you get a new template message.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-15-2010

Sounds like a plan, drop down list for the version, which hides/shows the dimensions...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-15-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:So you have to do a little poking around in the buffer to look for well known indicators of the file format and decode it appropriately. There may be some existing helper method on your platform that will do this for you, I dunno.
Not having much luck on that side, so which method(s) are you using on the server side to create that byte array from an image? Maybe that will help me to do the reverse on the Android side... Wink