Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Logic Server Field Limit - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Logic Server Field Limit (/showthread.php?tid=10629)

Logic Server Field Limit - zra - 07-10-2018

Dean, 

I've run out, again. 

92 seems to be the upper limit. I have a lot of need for modes that are the combination of two or more fields. 

Example of something that I'm working on:

6x6 audio matrix
Sonos device
Touch device
Scanner device
Radio device

For each zone, I want to keep track of the status(on or off), but that requires 24 logic fields. 

Is there some mechanism people use outside of the logic server to deal with this?

RE: Logic Server Field Limit - Dean Roddey - 07-10-2018

What are you using to drive the values of those fields? For instance, why would you need to two values to know the off/on state of a Sonos? Are they ever even off other than unplugged?

RE: Logic Server Field Limit - zra - 07-10-2018

It's the status of the sonos on or off in a given zone.

I need to know:

The device(Sonos which is source 1), Touch would be source 2, Scanner source 3, etc.
The zone(LVR or living room) powered on or off.

I can have a Boolean Logic Field called SonosLVR with two fields(Power status and the source value)

Make sense?

But isn't a given Sonos by definition physically in a particular zone? I'm still not quite understanding what you are trying to do. Or by Zone do you mean a zone on the matrix? If it's the latter, why wouldn't just the power state of the zone on the matrix tell you the off/on state of that zone?

(07-10-2018, 11:37 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: But isn't a given Sonos by definition physically in a particular zone? I'm still not quite understanding what you are trying to do. Or by Zone do you mean a zone on the matrix? If it's the latter, why wouldn't just the power state of the zone on the matrix tell you the off/on state of that zone?

Correct, on a matrix. 

"If it's the latter, why wouldn't just the power state of the zone on the matrix tell you the off/on the state of that zone?"

Because I have multiple audio sources available for each powered zone. 

I can't create a field-based boolean button, to switch from one source to another,  without choosing either the power field or the source field, but I need both to differentiate the source devices.

I guess I'm missing why the 'power' is needed. Are any of those devices ever actually off? If you just want to have a set of check boxes to show which source is selected and to select another one, you only need the field that indicates source for the output of that zone. Where does the 'power' thing come into play? If you mean the matrix zone power off/on field, then just force it on when a source is selected. So use the source selection as the indicator of which source is selected. If they select a new one, make sure that matrix output is forced on as part of the source selection action.

Wouldn't that get you to the same place? You can still use the power field as an indicator next to the source selection button to indicate of that zone output is actually powered off or on of course. But you only need to make sure you get it on when a source is selected. That could be done as well even if they click the current source button, i.e. it can also provide power on if the output should get turned off, by just pressing it again.

(07-10-2018, 12:20 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I guess I'm missing why the 'power' is needed. Are any of those devices ever actually off? If you just want to have a set of check boxes to show which source is selected and to select another one, you only need the field that indicates source for the output of that zone. Where does the 'power' thing come into play? If you mean the matrix zone power off/on field, then just force it on when a source is selected. So use the source selection as the indicator of which source is selected. If they select a new one, make sure that matrix output is forced on as part of the source selection action.

Wouldn't that get you to the same place? You can still use the power field as an indicator next to the source selection button to indicate of that zone output is actually powered off or on of course. But you only need to make sure you get it on when a source is selected. That could be done as well even if they click the current source button, i.e. it can also provide power on if the output should get turned off, by just pressing it again.

I see what you are saying. I had it sent up that way until this morning when I started trying to improve it. The problem is that I'm using a combination of devices. I use the matrix for my nonvideo rooms, but in my video rooms, I have AVRs. The sources get piped into the matrix, but when I need to send it to one of the AVR rooms, I use the output on the matrix to send to the CD input on the AVR. 

I think this is where I've run into difficulty, trying to keep track of an AVR room power status vs a Non AVR room power status. It gets further complicated because sometimes I want to keep the TV on and listen to music and that requires different modes and such. 

Ill go back and redo the way I had it before and see if I can't be more clear about where my problem is popping up.