Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Issues viewing threads on forums - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Issues viewing threads on forums (/showthread.php?tid=10425)

Issues viewing threads on forums - Acropolis - 11-10-2017

I  apologize if I should be posting this somewhere else...

I haven't used CQC for about 10 years, but was considering giving it another try now that it has evolved significantly.

With that said, I have been trying to read through the forums, but for some reason, I can't see posts older than about 60 days.  Even if I select to show threads since the beginning, the pages will show up at the bottom of the page, but as soon as I try to select a page past the first one, it just refreshes the page and only shows the first page of topics.  I have tried Chrome and IE with no luck.  Any suggestions?

RE: Issues viewing threads on forums - Dean Roddey - 11-10-2017

Hmmm.... It's working fine for me. I use Chrome and Edge and it works fine for me. IE I could understand since it's sort of defunct now. Is your Chrome up to date?

RE: Issues viewing threads on forums - Acropolis - 11-11-2017

I tried it on my iPad and got the exact same results (signed in or not).  It defaults to showing 100 days.  If I select "since the beginning" it shows more pages on the index, but as soon as I click on a page past 100 days it refreshes and only shows the last 100 days again.  Really strange and frustrating.

I tried my phone and it did the same thing.  I found that if I click "from the past year" it works fine and I can see posts as far back as last November, but if I select "from the beginning" it shows there are 94 pages, but refreshes to the 100 day view when I try to select anything further out.

I did a search for specific topics and I can view topics older than a year, but that doesn't help me just scan through older threads looking for ideas/info.

RE: Issues viewing threads on forums - Dean Roddey - 11-11-2017

Try changing the sort order option to 'creation time' instead of last post.

Unfortunately, same result. It shows 94 pages of content, but as soon as I click on a page, it reloads and defaults back to 100 days. I can view older posts if I do a search, but there is no way to browse through them by date. Really strange.

OK, yeh, I'm seeing this as well, I just didn't go back far enough. I don't know what's going on. It may be some artifact of our move from the old form to MyBB or something like that. I don't see any board configuration parameters that would limit it. And clearly it does find and show the pages, but for some reason it just goes back to that sort of three'ish page scenario.

Well, at least I know I'm not crazy Smile

I guess I will try different searches to get more info.  I'm trying to get some more in-depth info on how CQC has evolved since I used it last (probably 10 years ago).  I remember mounting large touch screens that had in wall cables running to a PC and thinking it was amazing back then Smile  With tablets and more advanced IP control of devices, it looks like things have come a long way.

I'm friends with Itai through the local home theater club, so he got me hooked on iRule.  It did a nice job for my dedicated theater, but it never gave me the level of customization I desired and really didn't lend itself to whole house automation the way I would have liked.  With the recent announcement, and with him leaving the company after the sale, I decided to start exploring my options.  I was pleasantly surprised to see CQC pop up again as a potential solution.

One thing is to watch the tutorial videos if you haven't yet. You'll see a lot of stuff there. I would argue that, at least for one such, that having a dedicated larger screen real estate touch screen is still a nice thing to have, in a common area or something. But there are various other options as well these days.

RE: Issues viewing threads on forums - Dean Roddey - 11-15-2017

BTW, one thing I should have mentioned is to go to the announcements section here and start reading forward from the last version you were familiar with. Each version announcement post includes the major new features included. So that would be a reasonable way to get a quick survey of the major changes involved.